buying flea control of ebay

mamato3

Songster
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
SWMissouri
Someone else posted about there war with fleas and someone mentioned buying off ebay to save money. So my question what do i look for when buying? I dont want to get something that will kill my dog. Im thinking of using advantage i found someone selling 4 doses for $36 i think its imported from uk so is that a good one or should i pass

I won't buy flea and tick products from anyone but my vet or a reputable source that guarantees their products are from a US source. I don't think any savings I could gain would be worth taking a chance with my dear pet's life. Just MHO.
Try Jeffers Pet. I have been very pleased by their prices and their fast shipping - www.jefferspet.com
I buy Jax's flea pill from the vet. It's comfortis. Twelve dollars a month, but worth every penny to me because fleas make me
barnie.gif

Please be careful when buying on open forums such as Ebay. Flea medication is just that it is medication. I worked in a veterinary clinic and we've heard so many horror stories of people trying to save money on flea control and ended up killing their pets. People using dog meds on cats(HUGE no-no), people buying offline, people buying from grocery stores(Hartz flea meds should be illegal with the amount of animals that die on their meds), etc. So please keep in mind to be very careful. I too, would go through Jeffers or another reputable source.

You also have to question how it was stored. Even if it's the correct medication packaged under proper guidelines it could be stored in a really hot building or truck which can make some medications less effective or occasionally toxic. Do they list expiration dates? If someone sells several doses they have had sitting around you have no idea how long until it expires or if it hasn't already. A business has to pay attention to expiration dates and a reputable business will make sure their products don't sit too long.

I buy flea control off ebay all the time. Good sellers will give detailed information on their product, and will show a picture of what they are selling. i think a lot o fthem do include the numbers on the box, where its made, etc. Check the frontline(or advantage) website) and compare the pictures of their products to those the ebay sellers are selling. If they are selling it in a box not listed on the website, then don't buy it. I buy the boxed products. I don't buy the meds that have to prepare yourself with the kits.

The packaging of the flea product can look exactly the same, but from what I understand it's the source or point of manufacter that's the problem. Products manufactured in a foreign country, China for example, are not subject to the same safety regulations as products manufactured in the states. I'd no more buy a flea preventive or food product manufactured in China for my dog than I would human baby formula.

Hey thanks everyone maybe i look else where. I like Jeffers and i also like http://www.drsfostersmith.com/ has anyone used them are they good? They have a 12 month supply mom and I could spilt that between her dog and mine. Im thinking of trying capstar or program along with advantage fleas are bad in this area

Quote:
I've used drs. foster and smith in the past. I haven't done an item by item comparison, but I do like Jeffer's prices.

Back
Top Bottom