Buying hatching eggs

Chalo979

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2023
Where do yall buy hatching eggs looking for white kelsos but I haven't been able to find any near me I think my best bet would be buying online anyone have a recommended seller?

No not whites. I'd also be extremely leary of buying white Kelso eggs from some random person off the net. I'd have to see the parents in person. Any white game looking chicken could be called a white Kelso. I had a couple back in the day but I prefer the original, call me a purist
Ya I'd feel the same way. Either have to see them and get a feel for the breeder or a referral from a reliable source. Hence the tag.
I'd definitely be leary about ebay eggs. Ebay sellers are getting notorious for advertising one thing and shipping something entirely different or of poorer quality.
Going that route you might end up hatching silkies. :lau

Ya I'd feel the same way. Either have to see them and get a feel for the breeder or a referral from a reliable source. Hence the tag.
I'd definitely be leary about ebay eggs. Ebay sellers are getting notorious for advertising one thing and shipping something entirely different or of poorer quality.
Going that route you might end up hatching silkies. :lau
Yeah I'd definitely be leary of eBay. Tons of peddlers there. There are some there from time to time that seem ok but I can tell most are just trying to make a quick buck. Pay attention to how the birds environment looks and you can tell they aren't really into them. Even the way the so called parents look they look like culls and generally look like trash. I have sold on ebay before years ago but have since quit cause i don't want someone else flipping my birds and making good money off of my work. All they had to do was hatch and grow out a few and sell their eggs. Not much commitment in that. Hate a peddler

No not whites. I'd also be extremely leary of buying white Kelso eggs from some random person off the net. I'd have to see the parents in person. Any white game looking chicken could be called a white Kelso. I had a couple back in the day but I prefer the original, call me a purist
Anyway you would be willing to send me some of you're game bird eggs?? Pretty pleasee

Yeah I'd definitely be leary of eBay. Tons of peddlers there. There are some there from time to time that seem ok but I can tell most are just trying to make a quick buck. Pay attention to how the birds environment looks and you can tell they aren't really into them. Even the way the so called parents look they look like culls and generally look like trash. I have sold on ebay before years ago but have since quit cause i don't want someone else flipping my birds and making good money off of my work. All they had to do was hatch and grow out a few and sell their eggs. Not much commitment in that. Hate a peddler
Yeah I was bidding on some white kelsos then I read the negative reviews either they don't send the eggs or they send some regular barnyard mix eggs

Anyway you would be willing to send me some of you're game bird eggs?? Pretty pleasee
Sorry but unless you are very experienced with gamefowl no. My advice is to research research research on how to properly house and care for them and start with a gamefowl breed that isn't quite as for lack of a better term "hot headed" as the kelso lines. Maybe even old English games to start. Kelso, roundhead, and practically any family of greys need alot of handling or they can sometimes become mean (which is not the chickens fault). And quite honestly when people get into games and don't know what they are doing and they start having all kinds of problems they blame it on the chicken when it's all thier fault for not caring for them properly. It comes and goes on this website too or people saying things about games that is totally false eventhough they have no experience with them, they are just passing on bad information that's how games got the bad rap they have. Most are exclusively the owners fault if it's even true at all. Have a great day. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me I will help the best I can. That goes for anybody that even reads this, if you have questions I may have an answer

Last edited:
Sorry but unless you are very experienced with gamefowl no. My advice is to research research research on how to properly house and care for them and start with a gamefowl breed that isn't quite as for lack of a better term "hot headed" as the kelso lines. Maybe even old English games to start. Kelso, roundhead, and practically any family of greys need alot of handling or they can sometimes become mean (which is not the chickens fault). And quite honestly when people get into games and don't know what they are doing and they start having all kinds of problems they blame it on the chicken when it's all thier fault for not caring for them properly. It comes and goes on this website too or people saying things about games that is totally false eventhough they have no experience with them, they are just passing on bad information that's how games got the bad rap they have. Most are exclusively the owners fault if it's even true at all. Have a great day. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me I will help the best I can. That goes for anybody that even reads this, if you have questions I may have an answer
I have old english and albanis
My kelso got killed by the neighbor dog haven't found another one that I liked so thought I should just hatch my own

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231122_105318_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231122_105318_Gallery.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom