Buying my dream horse!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jettgirl24, Jan 5, 2011.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I've been leasing a horse for the last year and a half and have been waiting for a few months now for his owner to make the final decision as to whether she's going to sell him or not... I got the call yesterday... She's selling him!!! So at the end of the month he will officially be mine!!! I'm so excited!!!

He is a beautiful imported chestnut Hanoverian sired by World Cup I. He's an absolute sweetheart and a wonderful dressage horse to boot. We're currently competing at 3rd level and plan on bumping up to 4th toward the end of next season. I have been wanting a horse like him my whole life but I never thought I'd be able to own one at this stage in my life. I feel so lucky that the opportunity has come about. I'm planning to train and compete with him until he's ready to retire and hope to move him back up to PSG. I'm fiiiiinally finishing up school come fall so I'm hoping within the next two years while I have him in the show ring I'll be able to buy and start a baby as well... One that will hopefully be my future Grand Prix horse [​IMG]

Here he is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    beautiful, I wish you luck [​IMG]

3. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    WOW!!! You two look great together.

Enjoy your boy. I'm sure the seller is happy that he will be used to his full potential and by someone who loves him to pieces.

4. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful boy. Have fun!!

5. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Wow, gorgeous! He does look like a dream horse for sure! [​IMG] Congratulations--I am sure you will have a wonderful time with him!

6. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    Lucky you! And Him! [​IMG]

7. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Congratulations! A wonderful partner for you. I'm sure she's happy her horse has a good home.

8. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    How cool!

Enjoy yourself. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by