1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BYC Android App!!!!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by jimmywalt, Mar 23, 2014.

1. dragonlord483

dragonlord483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    perrysburg new York
    On my phone it has alit if pre installed apps and I only have like 2 enabled got 27 off no use for apps really

2. tatinatimom

tatinatimom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2014
    Tonganoxie, KS
    I have installed chrome and for me it is doing nothing more than my other browser. I had already bookmarked with the desktop icon. I still cannot upload photos to BYC from my phone. It says it's embedding the image but it never appears. Am I doing something wrong??

3. Foghorn Cogburn

Foghorn Cogburn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2014
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

You might try it on the desktop mode, from your phone. Works for me.

4. blacktop240

blacktop240 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2012
    Saugerties,NY
    I switched from iPhone to the high end Droid.... Samsung galaxy note 3. Only issue is with battery life this thing is crazy with what it can do. The new Droid systems are so much better than the older ones. I wouldn't take the new iPhone even if it was free over my current phone.

5. K9Dave

K9Dave Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Phoenix
    I wanted to throw my android out the window. Always locking up and was slow. My iPhone 5 is crazy fast.

6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    California
    And technology has marched on. If you buy the cheapest Gingerbread phone you can find, you'll get much poorer results than if you buy a $600+ iPhone. But if you do some research and get a modern-ish Android with good reviews, you'll have way fewer problems.

7. K9Dave

K9Dave Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Phoenix
    I had the latest and greatest android when I decided to make the switch to the iPhone 5. It's way more user friendly and not a ridiculous size either like I've seen coming out.

8. blacktop240

blacktop240 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2012
    Saugerties,NY
    to each his own... I used apple iPhones all of them and the note 3 blows them away not slow at all never locks up. Battery life while in use isn't the world's best but with the screen and computing and multiple apps running I thing any phone would drain fairly quick. I always had issues with my iphone. Plus the new screens on 5 shatter way to easy. But that's just my opinion from watching a phone fall from 2 ft table and shatter even with a cover the shock broke it. Anyway I want an android app still waiting who ever is in charge of it.

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    Curious, which phone / model did you have?

10. dragonlord483

dragonlord483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    perrysburg new York
    Down side tho to iPhone is limited memory

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by