BYC Android App!!!!

Pics
Love my BYC Android App! I use it everyday!

Many thanks! There have been two thousand downloads now, which is more than I ever expected, and why I put the time in to make it the best it can be.

I also prefer to use the app, even though I only have it loaded on my old phone, since I have an iPhone now. That also helps me test usability. One thing that really annoyed me on my (older model) phone was how slow the desktop mode was...

Has anyone noticed speed improvements in build 70? Over 1MB of static content (CSS and JavaScript and some background images) has been included in the app, and does not need downloaded anymore, which makes a big difference in desktop mode for sure. These files are larger than the actual html. So it isn't just faster, but saves considerable bandwidth.

Combine this with external storage caching, and we have a highly optimized app!

Last edited:
I cant make a new post from my samsung s5. The option is not there? Anyone else notice this?

Hah, yea, it took me weeks to figure that out in the mobile site. You have to go to a forum page first of course, but then you have to click the "share" icon on the top right to see the new thread option.

Hah, yea, it took me weeks to figure that out in the mobile site. You have to go to a forum page first of course, but then you have to click the "share" icon on the top right to see the new thread option.

How do you upload pictures to BYC from a Samsung Galaxy s4? Everytime I get as far as the "upload from my device" button and when I click on it, nothing happens.

Back
Top Bottom