BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Paul Harvey's line was ".....And now you know the rest of the story."

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  2. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    I am pretty sure my son bought the rifle at a gun shop because he likes the cool looking old stuff. I bet that gun does have an amazing story to tell, it has a few scars but works great. [​IMG]
    No bear, just snow/
    I am awake at 4AM because I smelled something hot and my brain is still in worst case mode and just in case a rodent did chew a wire or something, I am ready for it. Besides that, my dryer has decided to not heat the air anymore and so I need to rearrange the laundry room in order to start checking the list of possible issues. Why is it always something....?
    The rodents around this place, aka, front range, are reaching epidemic proportions. Rabbits down at the lower ranch, voles in the garden and hopefully, snowshoe hare up in the high country, although they may be starving with all of the spring snow that they are getting. My cat is killing mice and I have yet another rodent nest to clean out of the airfilter box in the diesel.
    More coffee is going to be needed for this day.

3. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I think that would be a really neat short story from the perspective of a gun. It would have no right or wrong side, just a bunch of jobs What it was like to be new, and how it was identical to all the rest, and then as experience changed it, it became unique and one of a kind.
    Ok, somebody get started.

[​IMG]
    I used to love to read short stories.You can almost pack more into one of them than a novel.

5. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Are you Okay 3 good eggs, [​IMG] the gun's story is really cracking me up. Go with it girl it might have legs.

6. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan
    Mtn Margie, that was an awesome story! I always miss the good stuff when I am out of town.

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    The gun had a serious future but unfortunately, It had set it's sights just a little too high.

8. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Aw man Margie. Luckily we just have ground squirrels and rabbits but they're still a pain.

Thanks Scott and drumstick. I can still clearly remember his voice saying that but was completely brainfarting on his name.

Exorcized the demons in the old sewing machine, now to make a bunch more baby blankets (seriously there's something in the water here...one friend gave birth about a month ago, another just last week, and a third is due next month. Oi! I did it all backwards though. I gotta do blankets for the ones already born - the bun still in the oven had them made for the shower already. But, one last week I missed the shower, and the one a month ago I was having issues with the sewing machine for her shower...

...and the mil is in full out granny lust mode. Sigh.)

10. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Well, they can never have to many baby blankets., and handmade is very special.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by