BYC Café

Thanks ya'll! She decided to lay her egg today while on the top perch outside.
I watched it fall to the ground and crack open. She immediately jumped down
and tried to eat it. I took it away before she could.

It was very soft (which I expected) but even if it was harder, I don't think it would
have survived the 2 feet fall.

So many possible solutions are going through my head. We are using a good
sized store bought coup with an large dog run as their yard.

I read that once they start eating their eggs, the solution is to get to it asap or
cull them. I'm sure others have been in my chair, scratching their head, sighing
and wondering how did I raise them wrong, or is this the terrible two's in chicken
years!!!

If only they could be egg laying trained like potty training a dog!!! Maybe I
could show her a video!

Appreciate any feedback.

Spent an hour trying to find a chirping smoke alarm, deactivated 2, turns out it was the carbon monoxide detector sitting on the stairs which I didn't even know we had LOL low battery. Thankfully one smoke alarm I deactivated is older and battery powered so I'll just put the battery back in. Unfortunately the other is 10 year and tamper proof so once you break the tab and move the switch to deactivate you can't reactivate it. Whoops. I think the carbon monoxide one I can add batteries too. Finally solved the incessant beeping, which tbh was starting to give me a headache.

Been a tad bit busy these days. My work schedule is all over the map, Dad has been up on the days I don't work (so I'm just doing different work!), and I needed to make cookies for movie night and the church picnic.

Weather has turned decidedly cooler here, I think it's time to put away the sandals...

Morning! Those are really cute cookies. I bet they will be a hit! Cooler here too and some of the aspens are thinking about turning. It seems like they just got their leaves, but whatever, I am not a tree so what do I know, right?

Back
Top Bottom