BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    She's being pretty lazy today though. She's got a case of the Mondays.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    ME TOO!! Thanks for the diagnosis, I didn't realize it was Monday. You mean I ate a pint of ice cream to cheer me up for nothing? What am I going to eat when it's Tuesday[​IMG]

3. tjo804

tjo804 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2014
    Cedar Creek, Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    3 weeks ago I noticed this on my porch light at my camp with 1 egg in it.
    [​IMG]

The following weekend, it was like this:

[​IMG]

This past weekend, it was this:

[​IMG]

Several weeks ago, there was a nest there, but I noticed an empty shell on the ground below it, with yolk. Yuck. I removed the nest, stuck a piece of wood up there, hoping she wouldn't build there again, but I was wrong! At least they all hatched this time.

1 person likes this.
  5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Phoebes - one of my favorite birds.

6. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan
    I think the baby birds are sort of cute. I'm a big believer in the whole circle of life thing, but I don't want the nest where I'm going to be disturbing it all the time. Hopefully once we take the nest down, mom and dad will find some where else to have their family!

7. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Is that what those are? I was hoping someone would know.
    Luckily, we have only been there on weekends, so we didn't disturb her too much, but I doubt they would have made it if we were there all the time. Well, I guess she may not have made it there, if that were the case. I need to figure out something to put up there though, so she will stop building there.

8. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal

A pint of gelato. ;)

9. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you all know that our move went well and everyone arrived safely at our new home two days ago. My life is a sea of boxes, lol. Hubby is enjoying his new job and comes home excitedly talking about 'what he did today.' The cats have settled in well after a bit of a shaky start - their vet prescribed too high a dose of sedatives and they were quite unwell for a while there. Everything is settling down now though.

Please forgive the lack of personal comments, I'll try and catch up with you all properly in due course, once our house is a little more in order.

Krista x

1 person likes this.
  10. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Glad to hear the move went well,and mostly that he likes his new job. That makes a marriage so much easier. My husband is happy in his new job and the stress has been replaced with smiles and he is himself again.
    When he helps me at our nursery now he is less...'grrr'. and let's me handle it my way. Which, you know, has always been the 'right way'. [​IMG][​IMG] !

Don't wear yourself out. packing, unpacking, finding places for everything-it is stressful.
    Take care! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by