BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Turk!

[​IMG]

2. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal

Oh man. My only experience in Vegas was when I moved down...hub's truck...well the fuel pump died on it. Figured it got some bad gas and yay dodge it didn't have a serviceable filter it's replace the whole danged thing. So here we are, was 106 or something the dry HOT wind was blowing, hubs was fixing the truck in a Napa parking lot we managed to limp to and my mutt and I were huddling in what shade the uhaul trailer could give...sitting on some blankets and bath mats cause dear goodness toasty.

...course Vegas in July is not the best place to be outside lol.

The real kicker was...he realized after the fact...his work had a location a mile or so away from where we ended up so holy crumbs we could have done that in ac with lifts. Oops.

3. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    We did that 1st trip to Vegas in August...I don't recommend that! It was a family reunion thing and lots of fun but holy moly, HOT! We made a trip to Hoover Dam (that was back when you could take tours) and the parking lot was hovering around 130. That's just ridiculous!

4. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

Hey! Not much is up,other than the sky. xD

5. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan
    Grrrr....I need more coffee! I just dropped an ENTIRE pan of brownies on the floor. It was a race between me and the dogs who was gonna get them. And it wouldn't be so bad, except I am making these for a bridal shower, and I'm being paid. So....another pan is in the oven.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'll willingly eat the spillage. [​IMG]

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida

8. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Vegas is wonderful in the spring or fall [​IMG] - eta, especially if/when traveling from a cold location. I made a trip in February from the cold, snowy mountains of Idaho and it was HEAVEN!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  9. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Well, I am finally basking in 68 dry degrees. I am sure my chickens think that it is hot, poor babies. Was out on the lake cutting weeds again and now I have to go deliver firewood because more rain is coming in and Winter is just around the corner! Ah, lunch is over, watered back up and off to the races again. Later!

10. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Heaven Margie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by