BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Update.., just got a call. The owners came up at the crack of dawn, found the horse down in a ravine at the bottom of the pasture, with cuts, broken leg and in shock, so they had to shoot it. They pulled it up out of the water but now, if we can't get some equipment down there, then we will have to get a come-a-long and get him farther up from the water. So, not hiking and I guess I will just go get some chicken feed and do mundane things like that. [​IMG]

2. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    @Mtn Margie That is awful? poor horse[​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That's sad news Margie. Poor thing.

4. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    :( sad for sure.

5. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Poor horse....

I'm sorry Margie, what a terrible thing to happen [​IMG]

Krista x

6. Mtn Margie

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Unfortunately, that is the kind of thing that happens when critters are involved. I hope the owners are okay. They did bring in a small excavator type thing to deal with the horse. Maybe we got the old logging road back to slightly passable. It was a disaster after the flood happened and we could no longer get any wood out. Even fixing the fence was a huge effort just trying to get supplies down there.
    I am making lasagna for dinner. Can't wait.

7. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Mmm lasagna. I'm plotting burgers and corn on the cob. Once hubs decides he's hungry. Sigh.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I want burgers and corn on the cob. Instead I had just a hot dog combo(with big drink) at Sams Club $ 1.62 [​IMG]

9. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan
    I don't think there will be enough coffee to get me through the day today. I have an eight hour shift ahead of me and I was up cleaning carpets at 3:30 this morning because one of the dogs was sick. It wouldn't be so bad, but I have a list of things I need to get done after work too!

On a positive note, I now have a basement floor.

10. Mtn Margie

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Did you put your initials in the corner?
    It cooled off last night! The breeze through the house was wonderful and no bear. Woke up to the Roo around 6, played with the kitten and now the coffee starts.
    We have Dinner by the Cowboy Code. "Come an git it!" Translation.... eat hot food when it is served or maybe eat cold food later. With 5 boys rocking this house (inc.DH)
    the girl eats when she is hungry and has the time to cook! Seemed to work just fine. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by