BYC Café

instances of increased cancer linked to over vaccinating if blood titers are done instead to test level of vaccine

lots of great little places all over Western Washington

That makes sense

distemper, the hepatitis, leptospirosis, the parvovirus or the parainfluenza.

Thanks!

I thought parvo was for puppies? Didn't know adults could get it.

There is an increased risk of cancer at the injection site with the 3-year rabies vaccine on cats, so some vets advise against it.

Thanks Bunny. That makes sense. I am glad we only get one year then. It makes me wonder though if there is also a risk of cancer on dogs with the 3 year?

G'morning cafe. Hope everyone has a good day.

Our dogs get rabies shots every 3 years here I think.

Yup, that's what Gator gets.

Good morning

My vet automatically gave the 3 year to my kittens last year. She didn't even ask us our preference.

Wow that stinks. :( maybe when it runs out you can ask for the one year? Or switch vets?

We got ours done at a mobile clinic when she was almost 3 or almost 2, not sure, and we also got her spayed then. I know, we were kind of horrible owners... our last cat we got fixed and shots and everything but I think because this one was my cat and we got her without telling my dad so we were responsible. And my mom's a bit ADD and I didn't drive. I should have reminded her though but idk why I didn't. Or maybe I did but she also wanted to go to a clinic because it was cheaper? And there weren't that many around. So anyway, we didn't get her spayed or any shots or anything until almost 2 or almost 3, not sure exactly. Although actually, that said, we got her from a pet store so I'm sure they gave her shots. But still. We are LUCKY she didn't get pregnant or get rabies. Although originally we wanted to keep her inside because she was so small so she did stay inside for a while. But she started sneaking out so then other family let her.

Anyway, my point of this tale is the mobile clinic gave her the one year so I think that's why we started getting and no one's ever asked since. And now I'm glad we only got the one year.

Curious. My understanding is that they have to give a 1-year vaccination to start the creation of the antibodies in the first place, then a 3-year can be given in the year after that. The 1-year window is pretty critical, though - if the animal is overdue, they have to do a 1-year all over again.

Wow that's interesting. So I hope her kittens are immune!

My bone density test got cancelled this morning at 7:30!:th

Wow rude they cancelled so last minute!

View attachment 1238949
I guess we're not having bbq for supper. 6 more inches expected!

Nice deck!

When I'm at the doctors office, there is a chart on the wall of the schedule of babies and toddlers etc. of vaccinations. My gosh, they are stabbed almost every 2-3 mos. Things have changed since I had my son 32 years ago.

Wow that is crazy!

I don't really believe all the over vaccination stuff but that sure does seem like a lot of vaccines!!

Tell me about it. When the baby is first born, like day of, they stab then for blood tests and start the hepitits vaccinations. Then you go in a few days after birth to check bilirubin levels and if they are off that means more blood drawn. Then you take them back every other month for well baby checks which means, vaccines, weight, and growth. It does not ease up until about a year.

Wow that's crazy!

It really is, but a big part of it is they give the vaccines in 2 or 3 doses instead of just one big one. I suppose it makes it more effective or maybe it is easier on them.
I do not think vaccines are "dangerous" I do think they go overboard on things though. Chicken pox for example

That makes sense!

And yeah, I agree.

But of course you have to get them, right?

getting sick? as in vomit? did he have something he should not have ?

Yeah and not sure.

Although actually, he seems better today. He just wanted to play. Although not as much as usual.

I posted because I thought he was about to vomit again and threw him outside but I checked and no vomit outside.

But last night he threw up twice within a few mins (maybe 20 at most) and the night before he threw up once but I found semi dried vomit in the living room yesterday so I think he actually threw up twice the first night and twice the second. Or once and three, dont really know.

But he still has an appetite. In fact, yesterday he growled at me because his throw up had pieces of chicken in it (I had literally just given it to him 10 mins before so not digested yet). :rolleyes:

I go mad though. Being sick does not excuse that. I didn't scream or anything but I got firm and told him to come aka leave the vomit which surprisingly he did. Then I let him go back. Probably shouldn't have but idk.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of is that I gave him a market basket can of wet food the first night. Or that he stole cat food? But he seems better today. If he threw up again today I was going to take him to the vet. But he seems to be on the mend. But still a bit off.

Oh and I did give him some of my cookies but he's always gotten cookies and I make sure to bite as much of the chocolate off as possible. He doesn't get them regularly or anything, just a bite here or there when we make them which isn't often. But he's 130 pounds and has gotten them before so I don't think that's it? Unless them being homemade changes things?

Oh. And he did clean up 2 spilt eggs on the floor when I dropped them but that was Sunday and he's eaten like a half dozen at once before without being sick. That's rare but i didn't collect eggs for a while then dropped something in the nest box and cracked a ton of them and he kept taking them and taking them so i think he ate like 9. I thought he would stop taking them but he didn't. But that was a while ago and only once.

But I'm just trying to think of what could make him sick

Back
Top Bottom