BYC Café

Often at TSC they just hire kids and/or don't really teach them anything. So not surprising. Especially if they hire city kids.

I love our local feed store. I think it is technically an Agway but independently run I think? It's called Morrison's.

We know the manager because he is my uncle's neighbor's son. I think he still lives there though. They also have a good selection and prices plus lots of cool plant stuff. I haven't asked what other feeds they carry though as I just buy my chicken feed.

I do actually like our local TSC though because the homesteading group I am in is run by I think either the manager there or at least an employee. So I like going because they are very nice.

They also opened a second one somewhat close to us, about equal distance but in the other direction, but I don't know those people so don't really go there. I did go once or twice though and it seems pretty good too.

I will say though that the type of feed I have seen recommended for quail, Purina Gamebird feed (or maybe gamebird starter?) Or turkey starter I have never seen though and Morrison's does not carry Purina so idk where I am going to buy it or any gamebird feed. But I am thinking maybe I will go to all 3 stores and ask what they carry. And if they don't carry it, there are some other feed stores in the area I can try.
You could probably find out on their web sites or call then instead of making a trip.

Once I had a sales guy at a feed store tell me you had to have a rooster to get eggs. Today at TSC I asked the employee taking care of the ducklings what breed they were...she said Yellow.

So yep, I can see how someone wouldn't know what game birds are!
laughing-at-someone-smiley-emoticon.gif 1166148-d48180f60ab50d3b0e13672523a4578e.jpg giggle.gif

I just want everyone to know, that I did in fact buy ice cream today :lol:

Also, I haven't made yogurt in ages, and I do have a yogurt maker. I should try and push myself to make some before I go and buy some next time! The little one loves yogurt.
What kind did you get?
I was going to, even mentioned it when we went out.... but there's a BIG storm coming in so we had to get back home fast. Was supposed to start @ 11am. It's 7pm now... really strong winds, but no snow still.

What kind did you get?
I was going to, even mentioned it when we went out.... but there's a BIG storm coming in so we had to get back home fast. Was supposed to start @ 11am. It's 7pm now... really strong winds, but no snow still.

I acuactua decided on french vanilla. This is because I can make a quick mug brownie and have it warm with the ice cream. This is heaven to me.
Also none of the other flavours really "spoke" to me at the time.

My parents in SW ON are getting slammed right now, but I don't think we've even got a dusting yet. Wind is crazy but will probably just get a bit of snow tonight.

Treerooted I am so very PROUD of you for buying ice cream. Flavors have never spoken to me directly however, they do scream from the refrigerator at home. They keep saying my name over and over. What can I do but rescue them from the deep cold?

The grocery store had certain brands on special Buy any 4 for $ 10. Yes, I am weak and bought them and have eaten a box of Snickers ice cream Bars and Dove ice cream Bars for lunch and then took a nap. Otherwise haven't eaten anything for lunch or dinner.

Saving two pints of Oberweiss chocolate for sometime in the very near future. Plus just remembering I have an XL Symphony (Herseys) candy bar somewhere. Positive I didn't eat it yet. I know SHAME ON ME. Please eat responsibly don't do what I do, I am a self trained professional.

The instant pot has different versions. One of them, I think the 7 in one, will go low enough for yogurt. It also sautes and slow cooks as well as pressure cooks.

For slow cooking, you can do all of the steps in it:

Saute onions and brown meat
slow cook
Add thickener and thicken the sauce

Truly a wonder!

Thanks for the info!

You could probably find out on their web sites or call then instead of making a trip.

They are not too far, only about 15 mins, and I like going out, but driving to all 3 might take way longer and be a bit of a pain plus every time I go, I buy unnecessary stuff soo yeah, calling is probably a better idea haha

Especially cause the other ones are like a half hour or hour away.

I just want everyone to know, that I did in fact buy ice cream today :lol:

Also, I haven't made yogurt in ages, and I do have a yogurt maker. I should try and push myself to make some before I go and buy some next time! The little one loves yogurt.

I bought ice cream too! Forgot to post lol

I couldn't resist.

All the ice cream talk made me walk down the ice cream aisle! I am boring though and only got these. I love this brand so much. But we have a hugeeeeee ice cream selection at our store!

Back
Top Bottom