BYC Café

Home from town with 2 bales of hay, 1 bale of straw and shavings, bargain layer feed and game bird feed. How can a person working at a feed store not know what game birds are?

Once I had a sales guy at a feed store tell me you had to have a rooster to get eggs. Today at TSC I asked the employee taking care of the ducklings what breed they were...she said Yellow.

So yep, I can see how someone wouldn't know what game birds are!

Often at TSC they just hire kids and/or don't really teach them anything. So not surprising. Especially if they hire city kids.

I love our local feed store. I think it is technically an Agway but independently run I think? It's called Morrison's.

We know the manager because he is my uncle's neighbor's son. I think he still lives there though. They also have a good selection and prices plus lots of cool plant stuff. I haven't asked what other feeds they carry though as I just buy my chicken feed.

I do actually like our local TSC though because the homesteading group I am in is run by I think either the manager there or at least an employee. So I like going because they are very nice.

They also opened a second one somewhat close to us, about equal distance but in the other direction, but I don't know those people so don't really go there. I did go once or twice though and it seems pretty good too.

I will say though that the type of feed I have seen recommended for quail, Purina Gamebird feed (or maybe gamebird starter?) Or turkey starter I have never seen though and Morrison's does not carry Purina so idk where I am going to buy it or any gamebird feed. But I am thinking maybe I will go to all 3 stores and ask what they carry. And if they don't carry it, there are some other feed stores in the area I can try.

That stinks :(

I wad thinking the instant pot was the same thing
The instant pot has different versions. One of them, I think the 7 in one, will go low enough for yogurt. It also sautes and slow cooks as well as pressure cooks.

For slow cooking, you can do all of the steps in it:

Saute onions and brown meat
slow cook
Add thickener and thicken the sauce

Truly a wonder!

Home from town with 2 bales of hay, 1 bale of straw and shavings, bargain layer feed and game bird feed. How can a person working at a feed store not know what game birds are?
????
That's nuts.
Just like when I went to our Co-op. The "egg manager" as they called her doesn't keep chickens and knows little to nothing about them.

Back
Top Bottom