BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG] those of you that get fall colors must keep posting photos for those of us that get nada. [​IMG]

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Definitely! What happens here is often such a muddled mess; can't help but love the real thing!

3. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    @Bunnylady hoping for clear skies and a fun regatta for you! Be nice to see some pictures of it if all goes well.

4. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    x2!

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    It did rain this afternoon... really hard for a couple of hours. I'll get some good pics tomorrow when it dries up and the trees aren't weighted down with water. It's getting prime time for color here!

6. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Is it going to get cool enough for good color and hunting?
    The way our temps are going the trees will have dropped their leaves before the color changes.
    Scott

7. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Only mid 60s here today and 40 tonight, so I'm hoping DH might go out for a bit of hunting today. And I know what you mean about the leaves dropping first, there are already alot of leaves on the ground. Weird weather.

Have a great weekend everybody!

8. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Good morning and happy Saturday!

Our live oaks don't change color really but they sure are dropping the acorns this year. The goats are enjoying them, they're going to look more like hairy little pigs before long. The chickens finally seem to have gotten used to hearing the acorn missiles hitting their tin coop roof.

We're going to spread our compost piles over the garden this weekend. Hope it helps with next year's garden, we have more sand than dirt to grow things in.

WV, good luck getting a chance to do some hunting this weekend. Scott, do you hunt too?

Have a good weekend everyone!

9. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    It seems counterintuitive, but Live Oaks drop their leaves in the Spring. Because it happens as the new leaves are coming on, the trees are never bare, nor do you see an allover color change. Many years ago, I had a customer bless me out because of the leaves in her flowerbed. This was Springtime; according to her, I should have cleaned them out back in the Fall! I pointed out that it would have been quite a trick, since the leaves were only now falling - which they were; every little breeze had them fluttering down all around us. Her trees were spangled with yellow leaves, yet that Yankee transplant hadn't even noticed.[​IMG]

10. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Shame on you Bunny, allowing your leaves in her flowerbed, LOL. She must have been the joy of the neighborhood! Bless her little heart.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by