BYC Café

I Bet you guys already had the Sycamore trees on your property. I am probably the only person dumb enough to buy one. I saw the huge leaves one day and thought what a neat tree. K-Mart had a sapling for $ 7.87. I bought it for myself as a consolation prize after a really bad break-up in 1973. Bad choice.

Of course!
idunno.gif

Last edited:
My neighbors cut all of theirs down and we were so GLAD! Then they moved and the new people planted.... GUESS! Just GUESS!!

They didn't even ask what was there before, or even a suggestion?
At least it will take 5 years before they are a problem, how many problems are you talking about?
hugs.gif

A certain herbicide can control those plants, A bit of overspray, winddrift, or, IDK?
(I know knothing, I see knothing)
Scott

I Bet you guys already had the Sycamore trees on your property. I am probably the only person dumb enough to buy one. I saw the huge leaves one day and thought what a neat tree. K-Mart had a sapling for $ 7.87. I bought it for myself as a consolation prize after a really bad break-up in 1973. Bad choice.

Yes the property did have them already, but we bought the place anyways (I didn't know better ). I never really understood why Grandpa would not let them live on the farm, he treated them like weeds and every spring after planting was done we started the pasture and wood-lot weed spraying program, they died.
After I lived here for about 1 spring thunder storm, and had all of those branches to deal with I was upset, then came the fall storms and those 'big wonderful shade' leaves came down and kept coming down.
barnie.gif

I don't like them at all!
Scott

Back
Top Bottom