BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens

Well we get half a good day weather wise, and then a 20% rain chance with mid to high 70's temp.
    I wish that everybody had such nice weather.
    Scott

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    After months...literally MONTHS of it raining everyday... I have had enough nice weather to clean up the aquarium stands and repaint them... and as long as I had the paint out, I painted the old wood stove that I use as a plant stand, and the decorative metal thingies that pretend to hold up the porch roof, and the front screen security door and myself... but I eventually got all that off. the aquariums cleaned and replaced and the turtle relocated and all is well on the front porch... [​IMG]

...except now the front door looks shabby and it need a coat of polyurethane.. and the rest of the house needs a coat or two of paint.... stupid sunshine, look what it is making me do![​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    You're working way too hard Eggsy. Makes me look bad [​IMG]

I just got back inside from wrestling goats. Our female AND her 8 month old daughter decided to go into heat at the same time and it's driving our big old male crazy. We have their pasture separated by fencing with the male on one side and the others on their own side but while I was doing chicken chores the old guy somehow got in with the girls and was terrorizing them and trying to butt the wethered male. Managed to get the girls and wether outside the fence, leaving old guy inside. Then had to convince the girls and wether to go inside the "safe" side of their fencing. Got them in and the chickens started raising cain. Old male had broke out of his side and was head butting their run. Got him back inside his part and distracted with feed. Whew.

And of course, DH isn't here...he had to go out of town early this morning so it's just me and the sex-crazed goats and hysterical chickens. And rabbits, darn, I haven't fed the rabbits yet. Forgot about them in all the commotion.

Here's hoping for a quieter day from here on out.

P.S. Anyone want some free goats? They're so cute and fun!

4. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Did the ewe, weathers and ram thing... We should all do it once.
    Congratulations you are in the 'What were we thinking?, club!

5. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Funny, I asked DH just this morning before he left town..."Remind me again why we have goats?". That was before all craziness broke out.

Yep, I'm definitely in the 'What were we thinking? club, lol.

6. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Crazy little goats. My son's girlfriend is trying to talk him into goats. Small pygmy goats. Their house barely has any yard! I told them it was a bad idea. I am not ending up with goats that they get, then can't handle. And they are too young to join the already-crowded 'What were we thinking' club.

7. 3goodeggs

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Have any of you seen the OKGO youtube video "It seemed like a good idea at the time" ? That goes through my head a lot.
    I can not find the one I am looking for... but this will do.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  8. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    I personally took no pictures, just my eyes. I brought the token camera in the car, but who has time for that?! So I will wait for pics from the real photogs. My brother always has his very nice one around his neck. He has the pics of a lifetime and then there was the paid professional one that took proper family pics.
    It was a great time and we stayed out late and caught up with family and met a whole lot of the In-laws. This AM I feel like I have a hangover from the 14 hour drive, but I suppose a whole week of late nights and then driving, my head was spinning when I hit the bed. Oh, my coffee is done.... and I need to do chores and then return the rental car.
    While we were gone, the fall colors here have all blown to Kansas.

9. scottcaddy

I asked my grandpa why we didn't have/use any goats (while clearing out brush in the woodlot) he said 'all a goat will do is cost me time and money' and we would have to fix fence and clear the brush'. This from the same man that was known to have told more then one cow that if she didn't make him so much money he would just shoot her on the spot and eat her sorry a*s.
    Goats were on his shootum now and save time & money list.
    Scott

10. scottcaddy

Margie, I hope that you get caught up with your rest soon without any 'oh-sh*ts' happening.
    Scott

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by