BYC Café

Well the good news is that the boys won a squeaker 2/1. Top of the last inning they were losing 1/0 and then scored 2 runs. Grandson pitched as a closer the last 3 innings and shut the other team down. Bad news is we get to go to semi finals at 6:30 and perhaps finals at 8:30. It's a cold, wet 'B' of a day here. Princess and I decided that we are a little bit crazy. :p

Well the good news is that the boys won a squeaker 2/1. Top of the last inning they were losing 1/0 and then scored 2 runs. Grandson pitched as a closer the last 3 innings and shut the other team down. Bad news is we get to go to semi finals at 6:30 and perhaps finals at 8:30. It's a cold, wet 'B' of a day here. Princess and I decided that we are a little bit crazy. :p

Yay for the boys team, they're doing great!

And yeah, grandparents are a bit crazy like that
smiley crazy.gif

(But the grandkids will always remember what they did)

@penny1960, it really is a great team as far as ability, but above and beyond that they are across the board a great group of young men parented by a great group of adults. No whining, disputing calls, negative comments from these folks even in some of the tough defeats they have suffered. Bad behavior is not allowed by the coaches -

@penny1960, it really is a great team as far as ability, but above and beyond that they are across the board a great group of young men parented by a great group of adults. No whining, disputing calls, negative comments from these folks even in some of the tough defeats they have suffered. Bad behavior is not allowed by the coaches -

"Like"!

I told my grandson to treasure these moments. He will play on many more good teams, but probably never again with a team of such high character. At the beginning of the season he was offered membership in a team where it was predicted he would have more playing time - for this team he was to be pretty much designated as a relief pitcher. He chose to stay with this team because of the team spirit. It's worked out great - he has been starting pitcher, relief in some pretty tough situations, 2nd baseman and shortstop, and finally his hitting has greatly improved. I will be sad when this 'run' is over.

Let him play when ever he chooses an great thing to pass on like boy scouts BF was a Pack Leader then went to Weeblow then Boy Scout Leader he did darn near 30 years

My ex applied for a certain job, and got an interview. During the interview, ex mentioned he had started in cub scouts, and continued all the way up to eagle scout. The man doing the interview looked at his application, and mentioned that he had not included that information. Ex said he didn't think it would make any difference, so he didn't put it on the application. The man interviewing him told him it made a lot of difference, not only with their company, but with a lot of companies. He got the job. Apparently, lots of companies consider that a big plus.

My ex applied for a certain job, and got an interview. During the interview, ex mentioned he had started in cub scouts, and continued all the way up to eagle scout. The man doing the interview looked at his application, and mentioned that he had not included that information. Ex said he didn't think it would make any difference, so he didn't put it on the application. The man interviewing him told him it made a lot of difference, not only with their company, but with a lot of companies. He got the job. Apparently, lots of companies consider that a big plus.
Yep, true. It is tough to make eagle scout and it helps on job applications and scholarship applications

Back
Top Bottom