BYC Café

Here's a pot - they had no coffee at the dachshund field trial. Can you believe that ? 12 dogs, 16 b*tches, and 23 champions resulted in 36 braces called and 36 rabbits jumped and attempted to be run. All was over and done with by 2:30. That's especially good for the club. They did have an outstanding lunch with very good desserts. No supper for me tonight.

Shad did you get ticketed or have to pay a fine?
I was lucky I didn't. It was a company truck, all legal and the concrete yard give tickets.
My ticket said one ton of ST5 which is a type of concrete.
I was working on crash barriers further up the motorway. They company and the people responsible for the tunnel had a few problems while we replaced 100 odd miles of crash barrier. They took the ramps out of one of the lanes in the end and all site traffic got directed through that.

Afternoon, all! Apparently caught myself a bit of the crud. Just in time for winter. Been busy shaking heavy and wet snow off of the trees, still coming down. Worst is supposed to hit tonight and tomorrow. This was at 10am:
IMG_20190928_100646.jpg
30° at the moment :oops:

Afternoon, all! Apparently caught myself a bit of the crud. Just in time for winter. Been busy shaking heavy and wet snow off of the trees, still coming down. Worst is supposed to hit tonight and tomorrow. This was at 10am:View attachment 192038630° at the moment :oops:

Creeping crud AND the snow? Take care! Need a warm beverage?

Afternoon, all! Apparently caught myself a bit of the crud. Just in time for winter. Been busy shaking heavy and wet snow off of the trees, still coming down. Worst is supposed to hit tonight and tomorrow. This was at 10am:View attachment 192038630° at the moment :oops:
I hope that's not it for you for autumn for the rest of the year. I can't imagine having snow in September.

This weekend in 2012 we had a 10" heavy wet snow storm while the leaves were still on the trees. I saw the forecasts and told the Princess, "Make motel reservations. We are going to lose power." Indeed we lost power for 10 days a tree even came down on the house. The following spring we purchased a propane fueled generator capable of running the entire house. (It's a small ranch.)

This weekend in 2012 we had a 10" heavy wet snow storm while the leaves were still on the trees. I saw the forecasts and told the Princess, "Make motel reservations. We are going to lose power." Indeed we lost power for 10 days a tree even came down on the house. The following spring we purchased a propane fueled generator capable of running the entire house. (It's a small ranch.)
Been quite lucky here with the power. It goes off quite a lot but the outage doesn't last for long. I think we've lost one freezer load of food in 20 years.
I have a 2.2 KVA petrol generator which will run lights, net and Stereo. It pinks (UK slang for not running properly)a bit with the oven.:p This reminds me to check it over before the winter.

Back
Top Bottom