BYC Café

@bruceha2000 Both DL and the Princess know that I am harmless. I once asked the Princess why she was so totally non jealous. She replied, "I know there is no one else who can give you the things you need in life better than me, and I think that you are smart enough to know that too." Self confident much ?

@FortCluck there are presently 11 dogs in the yard. I raise and compete with field trial beagles. One dog is a rescue that I probably will not keep, but have a line on a possible really good home for him. Others range in age from 9 mo to 9 years old. Our last golden died about 6 months ago. Probably no more house dogs for us as any pup we might get probably would outlive the two of us. @room onthebroom has stated that we should get one and she and her husband will drive from Ca. and rescue the dog if necessary. Daughter is also pushing for another dog. Princess is weakening - I stand steadfast.
Sour, I do understand the concern of having our dogs outlive us! I have done my share of worrying about this but I cannot live without dogs. Currently , I have arrangements made for them .....the two BCs must go back to their breeder (by contract) and I have two or three family members who would be a great fit for my Aussie. I'm only 66 but can't leave their future care to chance. When I got Gauge who is now two I thought it might be my last but now I'm not sure....once Trip is gone (he's 10).... may get another Aussie. I am alone and a dog's company and their eyes and ears (watch dogs) are comforting. I'll be pretty isolated in my new setting. Tough call (and very personal decision)....but I do hear what you're saying.

@bruceha2000 Both DL and the Princess know that I am harmless. I once asked the Princess why she was so totally non jealous. She replied, "I know there is no one else who can give you the things you need in life better than me, and I think that you are smart enough to know that too." Self confident much ?
Oh....I LIKE her!!:D

I have the beagles. True they are 'working' dogs, but there is an emotional attachment. They are outdoor dogs, but much of every day is spent working with them - so I do get my 'dog fix'. The Princess misses interaction with an inside dog. She does attend field trials with me.
Oh right....you'll still have dogs!! Nice that she goes with you!

@FortCluck there are presently 11 dogs in the yard. I raise and compete with field trial beagles. One dog is a rescue that I probably will not keep, but have a line on a possible really good home for him. Others range in age from 9 mo to 9 years old. Our last golden died about 6 months ago. Probably no more house dogs for us as any pup we might get probably would outlive the two of us. @room onthebroom has stated that we should get one and she and her husband will drive from Ca. and rescue the dog if necessary. Daughter is also pushing for another dog. Princess is weakening - I stand steadfast.
When I move and you get rescues, let me know. I always have room for beagles or any dog and Lucy needs a friend. We should move by next year!

I’m in the car, but I had to pop in to say DO IT!!!

(I’ll wish you a proper Happy Anniversary when I get home.)

Back
Top Bottom