BYC Café

Aren’t shots required by law?
Rabies is required here for cats, the others aren't and I keep refusing them because there is no way our indoor cats could contract any of them. Of course if the cat needs to stay at the vet for a procedure, they require all the vaccines.

It's not really cheaper to go to tractor supply or those clinics because my vet has pretty competitive prices.
Lucky you, like Kelsey said, walking in the door for just a regular checkup runs into a lot of money here.

Yeah, when they’re in heat they definitely have to be supervised haha

Luna drew all sorts of male cats to the yard. :lau

And yeah that’s true but some of those are probably less developed countries and/or islands anyway? Some of the developed ones and in Europe and stuff don’t fix dogs or at least not as often and also don’t have tons of strays.

Though I do think spaying and neutering should be done eventually but a lot of them just believe in good training and management first. Most people there also tend to ignore dogs like they don’t all mob you and want to pet it which I think is good and the dogs are much better behaved haha
Have you been to Europe before?

Rabies is required here for cats, the others aren't and I keep refusing them because there is no way our indoor cats could contract any of them. Of course if the cat needs to stay at the vet for a procedure, they require all the vaccines.

Lucky you, like Kelsey said, walking in the door for just a regular checkup runs into a lot of money here.

That makes sense! I usually get all the shots just because, never really considered not, but she doesn’t need very many. I think the only ones she gets are the rabies and the FELV or combo thing or whatever it’s called and the latter is 3 year so it’s not too expensive. Rabies is every year.

She is indoor now but occasionally gets out and sometimes certain family members let her out on purpose in nice weather so kind of essential here. Though she is not on heart worm.

But yes it’s crazy expensive!! And ours keeps upping the price by like a dollar or two every year!!

I've never gone overseas and I don't plan on it.

Why not? There’s a lot of cool places overseas! I want to go to Europe eventually hahah or Australia but that’s way too far away and expensive. :lau

I’ve been to Canada a few times and to the Bahamas twice but that’s about it for my international travel lol and the Bahamas thing was years and years ago. My brother has been all over the world with his friends

Why not? There’s a lot of cool places overseas! I want to go to Europe eventually hahah or Australia but that’s way too far away and expensive. :lau

I’ve been to Canada a few times and to the Bahamas twice but that’s about it for my international travel lol and the Bahamas thing was years and years ago. My brother has been all over the world with his friends
I've been to Canada. My grandfather lived right at the Canadian border of the St John River. We used to go eat Chinese and ployes all the time.

I can't go overseas due to the medical needs I have. Some Drs barely know what I have in the US, it's quite scary. I had a Dr try to disconnect my meds and literally had to fight him. He told the hospital I was an aggressive patient and I had to be moved to my normal hospital 😂 I was happy once the ambulance picked me up. He didn't get that5 minutes without my meds would cause my disease to come back at full force and most likely kill me.

I've been to Canada. My grandfather lived right at the Canadian border of the St John River. We used to go eat Chinese and ployes all the time.

I can't go overseas due to the medical needs I have. Some Drs barely know what I have in the US, it's quite scary. I had a Dr try to disconnect my meds and literally had to fight him. He told the hospital I was an aggressive patient and I had to be moved to my normal hospital 😂 I was happy once the ambulance picked me up. He didn't get that5 minutes without my meds would cause my disease to come back at full force and most likely kill me.

That’s awesome!! I love Canada. The Canadian side of Niagara Falls is also much better!!! Hahah

And ahhh okay. I didn’t think of that :oops: that sucks!!

I don’t know if I will ever go. A bit terrified of being over the ocean that long haha

And oh wow!! That is scary!! Why did he want to disconnect them!? What a doofus haha

That’s awesome!! I love Canada. The Canadian side of Niagara Falls is also much better!!! Hahah

And ahhh okay. I didn’t think of that :oops: that sucks!!

I don’t know if I will ever go. A bit terrified of being over the ocean that long haha

And oh wow!! That is scary!! Why did he want to disconnect them!? What a doofus haha
Because my line broke and the officer taped it saying "some meds is better than no meds" they should've just sent me to my hospital to begin with but it was over an hour and a half away. I could've made it with my taped line but they didn't believe me.

They were worried about infection but that would be better than disconnecting the meds that keep me living and breathing.

Back
Top Bottom