BYC Café

People tend to do that.:p
It entails me having to take the bike through the woods to avoid the police. I'm sure they can hear me up on the ridge.:lau
They....have split the villages and towns into zones based on postal districts. You are not permitted to leave your zone over the weekend unless it's an emergency.
I'll be going through 4 zones tomorrow and won't even see a person let alone a virus.:rolleyes:
It's not that I don't take Covid seriously. I have masks which I wear when coming into contact with people, I take my bottle of alcohol and a rag with me to wipe stuff. But, there isn't much except woodland and farms in the zones around me and a noticable lack of people.
It's just another bit of knee jerk incompetance by those who believe they are fit to govern.
My nephew is in Sweden and they don't have nay of this and now their death rate permillion population is less than the UK, USA, Spain, Italy etc etc and their deaths per million are declining while ours are rising. Sure, the Swedes are much more trusting of their politicians and tend to get a much higher level of competence. They also have a properly funded health service and a better financial support system for those who are affected by Covid. I dunno Meg; I don't think this lot have a clue what they're doing.
Put your camo on and ride like hell! :lol: What do they do if they catch you, anyway? I don't see how locking down for two days is going to help...but what do I know.

Is Sweden containing the spread similar to New Zealand?

We don't use "competent" and "politician" in the same sentence over here, either :lau

People tend to do that.:p
It entails me having to take the bike through the woods to avoid the police. I'm sure they can hear me up on the ridge.:lau
They....have split the villages and towns into zones based on postal districts. You are not permitted to leave your zone over the weekend unless it's an emergency.
I'll be going through 4 zones tomorrow and won't even see a person let alone a virus.:rolleyes:
It's not that I don't take Covid seriously. I have masks which I wear when coming into contact with people, I take my bottle of alcohol and a rag with me to wipe stuff. But, there isn't much except woodland and farms in the zones around me and a noticable lack of people.
It's just another bit of knee jerk incompetance by those who believe they are fit to govern.
My nephew is in Sweden and they don't have nay of this and now their death rate permillion population is less than the UK, USA, Spain, Italy etc etc and their deaths per million are declining while ours are rising. Sure, the Swedes are much more trusting of their politicians and tend to get a much higher level of competence. They also have a properly funded health service and a better financial support system for those who are affected by Covid. I dunno Meg; I don't think this lot have a clue what they're doing.
I keep hearing about how well Sweden is doing...but they are in the top 10% of deaths in the world, just under Egypt.

Spikes are happening all over, people are getting complacent, schools starting back up, folks gathering indoors.
With the holidays coming up, it's going to get worse, either from more spreading or folks getting depressed at not gathering.
My daughter is planning gathers up here, I told her to come here first...
...but I actually hope she just stays put at home.

Spikes are happening all over, people are getting complacent, schools starting back up, folks gathering indoors.
With the holidays coming up, it's going to get worse, either from more spreading or folks getting depressed at not gathering.
My daughter is planning gathers up here, I told her to come here first...
...but I actually hope she just stays put at home.
This is so true!

Most places are having community spread-- Which means it is everywhere and not just within close family contact.

More on Sweden:

The Swedish COVID-19 experiment of not implementing early and strong measures to safeguard the population has been hotly debated around the world, but at this point we can predict it is almost certain to result in a net failure in terms of death and suffering. As of Oct. 13, Sweden’s per capita death rate is 58.4 per 100,000 people, according to Johns Hopkins University data, 12th highest in the world (not including tiny Andorra and San Marino). But perhaps more striking are the findings of a study published Oct. 12 in the Journal of the American Medical Association, which pointed out that, of the countries the researchers investigated, Sweden and the U.S. essentially make up a category of two: they are the only countries with high overall mortality rates that failed to rapidly reduce those numbers as the pandemic progressed.

Article here: https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

what is said here about lockdown and covid is that a lockdown just buys time. All it does is to interrupt transmission, for as long as it lasts, and it is implemented when cases are surging, in order to prevent hospitals getting overwhelmed. By delaying infections and spreading out the patients over time, they aim to have enough beds and equipment for everyone who needs it when they need it.
Vaccines, when they arrive, should make a difference to infection rates.

Put your camo on and ride like hell! :lol: What do they do if they catch you, anyway? I don't see how locking down for two days is going to help...but what do I know.

Is Sweden containing the spread similar to New Zealand?

We don't use "competent" and "politician" in the same sentence over here, either :lau
You get fined. I think it's 200 Euros.
No, not similar to New Zealand. See below.

Back
Top Bottom