BYC Café

Thanks for the coffee and the beautiful sunrise picture!

I feel like sunrises are more "personal" than sunsets. Fewer people up to see them, I guess.

Going to the store today. The first quarter mile will be the hardest to navigate. All that snow pack has turned to ice. The county has been AMAZINGLY on top of plowing this year. I don't know why. As long as we have lived here (26 years), we have gotten plowed out after just about everyone else. There were days that the mail didn't get through. This year has been a wonderful change.

it was; the colour seemed even to extend to the air. So glad I captured it, because it was quite fleeting.
Do you have the saying 'red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning' over there? In any case, we have strong winds building up here now and I think another storm is on the way :hmm
I've always heard it as sailors take warning...makes sense they use shepard's in your neck of the world. :D

First night above freezing, everything is dripping this morning and sun is strong.
Gonna be a day of monitoring melt flow and chipping of ice to accommodate it.
Slept in late, kinda screwed up my 'schedule'.
Big ice chunk under waterer broke loose to be tossed into run.

I guess I can be thankful for cold temps. It hasn't been very cold at night but I'll candle these to look for cracks.
It looks like this has been going on for nearly a week.
Good day cafe.

I would still give those eggs a float test just in case. I do that with any "treasure" egg. There may be one in their well over a week old.

Good day cafe.

I would still give those eggs a float test just in case. I do that with any "treasure" egg. There may be one in their well over a week old.
It would be impossible to be longer than 2 weeks and the area wasn't available to them prior to that. And it was still cold then as well.
I'm gauging this by the number of bantam eggs in there. I haven't seen an egg from Jody for about a week and 4 of the eggs in the stash are hers. So I'm leaning to max of one week, probably less.

Back
Top Bottom