BYC Café

PXL_20210224_005017140.jpg

First one that started. Keeps poking beak out!
PXL_20210224_005023288.jpg
PXL_20210224_005036564.jpg

Humidity at 69%. Should I try and raise it out just leave it alone? Hearing lots of peeping!:love

It's fun watching the progress of the hatch!

I just finished candling those eggs I found this morning and there's not a single crack. We had a night down to 19F over the last week. I don't know how it's possible that they didn't freeze other than maybe there's just enough composting action in the bedding in there and the thick sleeping bag covering about half of the brooder that it kept them from freezing. I'm still not selling or giving any of them away. They'll be for our use.

It's fun watching the progress of the hatch!

I just finished candling those eggs I found this morning and there's not a single crack. We had a night down to 19F over the last week. I don't know how it's possible that they didn't freeze other than maybe there's just enough composting action in the bedding in there and the thick sleeping bag covering about half of the brooder that it kept them from freezing. I'm still not selling or giving any of them away. They'll be for our use.
That's great. Do you have a thermometer in the coop? Just wondering what the difference between inside and out is. Glad they're usable!

I'll try to not to overload on the pictures :lol:

Do you have a thermometer in the coop?
Nope. Even if I did it would be out in the main roosting area, not in the ward. One of the bantams laid an egg on the open coop floor and I found it frozen and cracked open. So it's colder out there than in the ward.

Humidity at 69%. Should I try and raise it out just leave it alone? Hearing lots of peeping!
Might be good to bump it up a bit.
Once one hatches the humidity will sky rocket for a short time.

Let them dry off completely, right? Can they stay in there as long as they're not playing kickball with the other eggs?
Yes and Yes.
If they don't hatch tonight, I bet by morning they'll be out.

Back
Top Bottom