BYC Café

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
My Coop
Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the coffee, and especially for the Stolen! It’s been a while since I’ve had that 😊

It’s grey, cold, and light flurries here. I’m back in the city for work and missing the flock.

We had a chicken death on the weekend - “House Chicken”, as she became aptly known, was always a bit weak since she was a chick and spent several stints in the house over the years. She ended up living almost four years before I found her in the coop this Sunday evening.
Sorry for your loss. :hugs
I'm glad you had the 4 years with her.

LaFleche

Meadow Devil
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Sep 22, 2012
Germany
Good afternoon everyone!

I'll have the coffee, thanks @Shadrach , but no Stolen for me, I just had oatmeal.

Temperatures are -2 to 2°C, but no snow at the moment.
After a stormy andvery wet night, the rain is just a drizzle now but the wind is still howling.
There are still two trees left to cut down, but we will have to wait for a less windy day.

LaFleche

Meadow Devil
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Sep 22, 2012
Germany
We had a chicken death on the weekend - “House Chicken”, as she became aptly known, was always a bit weak since she was a chick and spent several stints in the house over the years. She ended up living almost four years before I found her in the coop this Sunday evening.
Almost 4 years is quite a long life for chicken with (genetically) compromised health. You must have given her excellent care. :hugs

Top Bottom