BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the coffee, Margie.

I've started really getting a move on building the pond. Went shopping with the dogs yesterday for more plumbing supplies. I marked the general placement of components, dug up a weigelia and a Hosta that were in the way. Unfortunately, one of my favorite hydrangeas has gotten far too big to dig out so I'm cutting it down but I've taken 4 cuttings from it this morning so hopefully in a few years I'll have another glorious hydrangea at the back of the pond. I'm going to try to dig out about half the pond today.

Last edited:
How many chickens can you spot in each picture?
All but 2 birds of the flock were in there. This shrub has gotten so huge with an that chicken poop being scratched into the ground under it!
IMG_20220708_143726129_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220708_143645462_HDR.jpg

I've started really getting a move on building the pond.
Did I miss finishing the roof?
Was just wondering about that this morning.

This shrub has gotten so huge
Looks more like a copse than a shrub. :gig

I've got saplings everywhere in the fields and yards.
Thinking about whacking them......probably won't work.

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee. @DobieLover I don't know what that hydrangea looks like, but have you considered severely cutting it back, dividing it and trying to regrow?
It has to move and it doesn't look "dividable". It's too close to the pond edge and too big to dig out.
IMG_20220709_104656058_HDR.jpg

You can see the yellow extension cord under it. That is where the edge of the pond will be. The root system will be way too close to the liner.

Wish these luck.
IMG_20220709_104620170_HDR.jpg

Good afternoon Cafe. I think I may have been teleported to Spain. Got close to 30C yesterday and the sky was blue!
I got the perspex for the new coop window today so I should be able to get the new vents finished off and the window in in the next couple of days.
I've been digging out the rat runs under the old coop. The rats are that cheeky that I managed to catch one with my hand yesterday but it wiggled out of my hand.
Baked rat anyone.:D

Back
Top Bottom