BYC Café

Wouldn't that be the job to have? It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong and you still get paid.
wink.png

Margie, glad the soup was a keeper, it sounded good. Stay warm!
I would not do well in a job like that, at all.

expect it of myself, and those I work with.

Oh, I don't know - I get a kick out of reading the "discussion" part of the forecast (where the meteorologist explains what all is factored into that prediction). Our local guys clearly have a sense of humor about their jobs, and some of it leaks through even when they are being "professional."

Years ago there was a meteorologist on a local station that made watching the weather fun. The station heads fired him, they thought he wasn't serious enough. Seemed to me if you get the weather messages across in an interesting way and with a bit of humor in it, more people would pay attention. Guess not.

I do appreciate them being on top of things during storms. I grew up in Tornado Alley and they were very serious and professional during storms.

Some bears are hibernating, but the hungry ones are not. Sunny now and the wind is there but not the 55 gusts which is fine by me.
I hope you all are having a great day. My washer started leaking and the problem was not the draining part, which I thought for sure it was. It was the hot water valve somehow and now I have it shut off until I can figure it out, so I guess it is tap cold water for the clothes until I get around to it.

Sorry to hear about the washing machine trouble Margie. I hope it's minor.

Leaky washing machine... I thought I was reading a Scott post...
gig.gif

Good luck Margie. And I can't believe I'm about to ask for a cold-white-fluffy-stuff picture (4-letter "S"-word not allowed to come off my fingers), but I'd like to see one, so maybe the real thing will not visit me this year....
big_smile.png

Snow wouldn't be a problem if it would just learn to stay off the roads, parking lots and sidewalks. Someone needs to figure out how to train that stuff!

(Course, I don't have an issue with it so much since moving to FL.)

Margie, the water valve set for a washing machine is fairly easy to change.
Google your machine part or model number and most of the time repair instructions will show up with parts for sale.
Let me know if I can help you out in any way.
Scott

Back
Top Bottom