BYC Café

Making themselves at home in Bucket Boy's place.:rolleyes:
:gig OK, BB can have chickens in his house if he likes but it is NOT happening here!

I haven't taken a nap since
I bet! Nice to know how much they care though, right?

Wish she as closer, I'd buy one!
USPS flat rate box ;)
The oven broke!! :barnie I just can't catch a break with this stupid cable.
Well that SUCKS!!!!! I hope that is the second shoe and that third time's the charm!

Cannoli's always seem like a back "east" thing. It's doughnuts around here! (And they're good too.)
Nope! Italian thing. When I was in high school in So. Cal the parents of one of my step sister's friends had a restaurant, named after the dad/chef - Vittorio's. Highlight of dinner (which was always good, often got the veal scallopini marsala) was the cannolis for dessert. We about burned the place down (OK, not really) the night he said they had no cannolis. NO CANNOLIS???? :eek::th:hitWe threatened never to go back but he promised it wouldn't happen again ;)

Have you heard of Boston Cream pies
Which, for those who have not, aren't pies at all but cakes. Basically a layer cake with custard in the middle and chocolate icing on top (not down the sides). I love them second only to Black Forest Cherry cake.

This is what I think of for a maple bar...it's a doughnut-type thing with maple glaze.\
I sure hope that maple cream was made with REAL maple syrup, not something made by Mrs Butterworth™ or Aunt Jemima™ in a Log Cabin™ ;)

I guess the wind died down after it blew Waldo away Debby?

Yeah, more like pudding consistency, right?
Custard in an eclair. My grandmother used to make cream puffs. I never knew how much work it was until about 35 years ago when a friend from work and I made them the same way grandma did - by hand. Dang that woman must have had some good arm muscles!! We had to take turns stirring as the eggs were added.

I’ll gladly take the blame!
As well as all the desserts!

10 pm PST
So there's still time for us to BYC.

:gig OK, BB can have chickens in his house if he likes but it is NOT happening here!

I bet! Nice to know how much they care though, right?

USPS flat rate box ;)

Well that SUCKS!!!!! I hope that is the second shoe and that third time's the charm!

Nope! Italian thing. When I was in high school in So. Cal the parents of one of my step sister's friends had a restaurant, named after the dad/chef - Vittorio's. Highlight of dinner (which was always good, often got the veal scallopini marsala) was the cannolis for dessert. We about burned the place down (OK, not really) the night he said they had no cannolis. NO CANNOLIS???? :eek::th:hitWe threatened never to go back but he promised it wouldn't happen again ;)

Which, for those who have not, aren't pies at all but cakes. Basically a layer cake with custard in the middle and chocolate icing on top (not down the sides). I love them second only to Black Forest Cherry cake.

I sure hope that maple cream was made with REAL maple syrup, not something made by Mrs Butterworth™ or Aunt Jemima™ in a Log Cabin™ ;)

I guess the wind died down after it blew Waldo away Debby?

Custard in an eclair. My grandmother used to make cream puffs. I never knew how much work it was until about 35 years ago when a friend from work and I made them the same way grandma did - by hand. Dang that woman must have had some good arm muscles!! We had to take turns stirring as the eggs were added.

As well as all the desserts!

So there's still time for us to BYC.

Never knew you were such a dessert aficionado! :D

Back
Top Bottom