BYC Café

That is so sweet. I'm glad you were able to bring her into the fold and give her a better life! Ruby is a rescue too. I don't know her history, but it's obvious she wasn't socialized with animals or people, and there are signs of abuse. Someone just dumped her on a country road. She stayed there, where they dropped her, for 10 days waiting for them to come back. No one could get near her. So, the local shelter trapped her and brought her in. She hasn't been easy, and stretches my patience even today, but she is a joyful dog now. Her eyes were dark and brooding when we brought her home 5 years ago, but they are bright, happy and full of love now.
I'm thinking about having a sanctuary for animals once we get our land.

I don't know how you go about the whole process, but basically I wanted it to be a place where people could just bring their farm animals that they no longer want to take care of instead of dumping them on the streets.

Since it happened before birth, she doesn't know any better. I hope it doesn't eventually bother her, but I'm sure the vet will have a remedy or solution for it when the time comes.
I don't think that they can do anything for it because it basically fused all together.

My husband said that he would make her a doggie wheelchair 😂

I'm thinking about having a sanctuary for animals once we get our land.

I don't know how you go about the whole process, but basically I wanted it to be a place where people could just bring their farm animals that they no longer want to take care of instead of dumping them on the streets.
That is a lovely idea. There are many animals that need sanctuary. I've known a few people who rescue dogs, and we do rescue all our animals. But, Ruby makes it impossible to rescue any other dogs. She is not dog friendly at all. She might start out playing, but she always ends up growling and biting. She can intimidate people too, but not in the same way. She just gets overly excited and runs around barking and jumping. The delivery people have figured out she is all bounce and no bite, but every now and then a new one will come and wont get out of their truck. When I have company I put her training collar on her and a leash. Once I do that, she behaves very well.

So why don't I just keep her on a leash? Because I want her to feel free and enjoy her life. I can settle her down when I know someone is coming.

I don't think that they can do anything for it because it basically fused all together.

My husband said that he would make her a doggie wheelchair 😂
There is that, and there may be something, not necessarily a pain killer, but something for arthritis or joint pain. I have a munchkin cat, and the vet says he will eventually have arthritis and joint pain as he gets older, but there are ways to make him more comfortable.

What breed of dog is Ruby?

Step #1: Get a lot of money for shelter building, feed and vet care ;)
IMG_1040.JPG

I had a DNA test done and it came back Visla/Staffordshire Terrior, but she looks so much like a Ridgeback that I want to do it again and see if I get the same result. I'm not so sure about those tests. In this picture, she is looking a bit confused because she doesn't understand why I was making her sit still. LOL She is not a photo hound.

There is that, and there may be something, not necessarily a pain killer, but something for arthritis or joint pain. I have a munchkin cat, and the vet says he will eventually have arthritis and joint pain as he gets older, but there are ways to make him more comfortable.
I give her CBD oil (the real kind).

My puggle has to have it for her epilepsy without it she has more than 2 seizures a week.

View attachment 2004537
I had a DNA test done and it came back Visla/Staffordshire Terrior, but she looks so much like a Ridgeback that I want to do it again and see if I get the same result. I'm not so sure about those tests. In this picture, she is looking a bit confused because she doesn't understand why I was making her sit still. LOL She is not a photo hound.
I love her!

Good morning, all! 23° at home this morning and 10° at work. :th Supposed to be a winter storm coming through at some point. But my phone weather is saying 30's & 40's through next Friday? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Beautiful dog, @ValerieJ ! What's her name?

There was a 10yr old female lab for sale on Craiglist yesterday. Broke my heart :(

Good morning, all! 23° at home this morning and 10° at work. :th Supposed to be a winter storm coming through at some point. But my phone weather is saying 30's & 40's through next Friday? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Beautiful dog, @ValerieJ ! What's her name?

There was a 10yr old female lab for sale on Craiglist yesterday. Broke my heart :(
That is Ruby. She is a rescue, with special emotional needs. We love her.

Back
Top Bottom