BYC Café

Good morning!

I'm trying to stay in a good mood. The Sunshine is leaving us again for several day and the cold is returning. I'm at the mechanic again for my car...I love my car, but it is time to start looking for a new one. And we have gotten really busy with the home business. We have an order that is going to be really hard to fill on time, so I really need to be home working and not here. Good news is all 5 girls are laying again, two every other day, but I'll take it.

Hope everyone is having a great day...thank you for the coffee.
Don't work too hard.

Years ago when my son learned to drive, he would take off without my permission. I was furious. A parent I knew said next time tell him you will call the police and report your car as stolen. He had a fit about it. But he stopped. I really was prepared to do that.
Yesterday I saw a group of parenting videos from Russia on Ridiculousness. In one, a mother was trying to spoon feed a baby and he refused to open his mouth for her. She had a stuffed animal sitting next to the baby. So she then offered a spoon of food to the stuffed animal. When it didn't open its mouth, she took something like a shoe and beat the crap out of the stuffed animal. Then she offered the spoon to the baby and he started eating.
It was pretty hilarious.

She's responsible and thinking of others.

Unfortunately, DH is beyond being able to do either of those things. He gets a little worse every day.
That is very true. Mom does not have any of the types of dementia. Her problem is physical from spinal stenosis

Yesterday I saw a group of parenting videos from Russia on Ridiculousness. In one, a mother was trying to spoon feed a baby and he refused to open his mouth for her. She had a stuffed animal sitting next to the baby. So she then offered a spoon of food to the stuffed animal. When it didn't open its mouth, she took something like a shoe and beat the crap out of the stuffed animal. Then she offered the spoon to the baby and he started eating.
It was pretty hilarious.

Smart kid.

On lunch break now - fresh pot has been brewed - have at it. BEAUTIFUL day here.

Apparently about 45 currently but it feels much warmer than that. Very sunny and bright out there. I let all the chickens out and tried to let the cat out but she came back in after only a few minutes. :lau and was very cautious going out. Sniffing a lot before she did and moving pretty slow. She’s very cautious and careful now and doesn’t like to go out much. Thought she would as she used to and she was lounging in the sun on the rug today but nope. :lau guess she only likes the sun not the great outdoors. :lau kinda makes ya wonder what she saw out there.

Anyway, I moved my pepper plants outside too. They’re not getting very much sun where they are in the house so I figured I’d move them outside. Probably a bit cold for them but they’re in the direct sun so very warm and I’ll move them back in later. Hopefully it helps them cause they’re not doing the best. Producing new leaves but also losing a lot of leaves so :confused:

Apparently about 45 currently but it feels much warmer than that. Very sunny and bright out there. I let all the chickens out and tried to let the cat out but she came back in after only a few minutes. :lau and was very cautious going out. Sniffing a lot before she did and moving pretty slow. She’s very cautious and careful now and doesn’t like to go out much. Thought she would as she used to and she was lounging in the sun on the rug today but nope. :lau guess she only likes the sun not the great outdoors. :lau kinda makes ya wonder what she saw out there.

Anyway, I moved my pepper plants outside too. They’re not getting very much sun where they are in the house so I figured I’d move them outside. Probably a bit cold for them but they’re in the direct sun so very warm and I’ll move them back in later. Hopefully it helps them cause they’re not doing the best. Producing new leaves but also losing a lot of leaves so :confused:
Be careful of too much direct sun. You can burn them if they are not used to it

Good Morning, Cafe’ Folks!
I’ve been lurking just inside the doorway for a bit. For those of you dealing with Alzheimer’s and drivers, you have my sympathy. That’s a hard one for sure. I took my aunt’s keys home with me. She had dementia, ended up in the hospital at age 94 after trying to kill herself by carbon monoxide poisoning (sat in her running car in the garage - didn’t work because it was a newer car and the garage had vented soffits - a neighbor noticed and called 911). The Dr. told me she could not go home again and wouldn’t release her until I could prove I had an assisted living apartment for her, and told me that under no circumstances should she drive again. One reason being her dementia, the other reason being she kept talking about dying in a car crash. One evening I was visiting her I her new apartment along with several other ladies and she asked me when she could start driving again. I told her that the Dr. said that she’d have to wait awhile. Her closest friend (who had access to Aunt’s house, therefore the car keys) told her, “You just call AAA and have them tow it here. Then you can drive.” When I left the apartment that evening, I went to her house, changed the code on the garage door so the friend could no longer get in, scoured the house for every key I could find and took them all.

Back
Top Bottom