BYC Café

Because my mother is truly on lockdown, I shot a video of the house for her.
SHE LOVES IT!! :ya
I have begun negotiations on the price. I want it for $70k. Asking price is $82.9k. That's too much for a house that size.
The furnace is old and uninspected, gutters are missing and what's there needs repair, windows are original 1957, siding is wood shake way past due for repainting, no refrigerator, deck boards need to be replaced. I'd settle on $75.
I'm coming out of the starting gate with $67k, as is, cash. :fl
This is a lots of stress free fun for non-recovered Real Estate junkie!!
Wonderful news, DL! :fl

I’m in Western Massachusetts. It’s been like this a few days, but I’m hoping it’ll clear up soon!
Then your climate is fairly similar to mine, spring probably 2 weeks earlier, fall 2 weeks later. My vision therapy optometrist is in Northampton.

I'm coming out of the starting gate with $67k, as is, cash. :fl
This is a lots of stress free fun for non-recovered Real Estate junkie!!
Wow, that is CHEAP!!! I bet a cash deal will go over well.

Gonna take some money to get it fixed up, that often cuts back the number of people willing to buy. Def need to replace the windows, with triple panes if you can. Likely needs some more insulation up in the attic as well. Is it well suited to mini split heat pump heat/AC??

Then your climate is fairly similar to mine, spring probably 2 weeks earlier, fall 2 weeks later. My vision therapy optometrist is in Northampton.

Gonna take some money to get it fixed up, that often cuts back the number of people willing to buy. Def need to replace the windows, with triple panes if you can. Likely needs some more insulation up in the attic as well. Is it well suited to mini split heat pump heat/AC??
No attic. Cathedral ceilings.
For the time being, she's getting window units. Once I install the mini-split in my own house, I'll think about it for her but in all honesty, the window units will suffice.
I will also put off the replacement windows until next year. Double pane will due.
You have to understand that my mom is a train wreck health wise and just turned 77. I'm not dumping a ton into this house. I'm going to be the one stuck with reselling it. It's on a slab so there aren't a lot of people willing to buy that.
As it is, her monthly living expenses will drop about $850. I think that's pretty good.

Oh funny, that’s my town. :lau

Oh funny, that’s my town. :lau
Have you been to Mosaic? It is on Masonic and right next to the optometrist. I have lunch there every time I go down (2 yearly now). Most often I get the lamb salad. You'ld think Vermont had no history of sheep for the total lack of it on any menu I've seen in the state.

Been to the Blue Bonnet a bunch too.

Window units for heat???
A/C. I thought I mentioned the furnace...
It's 80%.
I'd have to remove either a wall or the water heater to get the furnace out and replace it. But with it in the middle of the house, I'd have a hell of a time getting the vent pipe out and there is no where to send the condensate easily.

Back
Top Bottom