BYC Café

Because my mother is truly on lockdown, I shot a video of the house for her.
SHE LOVES IT!! :ya
I have begun negotiations on the price. I want it for $70k. Asking price is $82.9k. That's too much for a house that size.
The furnace is old and uninspected, gutters are missing and what's there needs repair, windows are original 1957, siding is wood shake way past due for repainting, no refrigerator, deck boards need to be replaced. I'd settle on $75.
I'm coming out of the starting gate with $67k, as is, cash. :fl
This is a lots of stress free fun for non-recovered Real Estate junkie!!
That seems cheap to me. How much land comes with it DL?

Last of the evening sun.
P4093126.JPG

Quince trees are doing well.
P4093130.JPG

Good morning, Debby! Supposed to be 65° here today with a winter storm watch in affect Friday night. 5-8", and have heard 10-18" in the mountains. I think I'll take Shads approach and believe it when I see it. :cool::fl You have a great day, as well!
It is not as warm as expected here today...not too bad though and now winter storm.
Stay safe!

Normally the course opens April 15th but the company that owns the course has a hiring freeze for now. So DH can't hire anyone to work there. Not sure when that's going to change.
I guess it depends on when social groups are allowed again in your State

No attic. Cathedral ceilings.
For the time being, she's getting window units. Once I install the mini-split in my own house, I'll think about it for her but in all honesty, the window units will suffice.
I will also put off the replacement windows until next year. Double pane will due.
You have to understand that my mom is a train wreck health wise and just turned 77. I'm not dumping a ton into this house. I'm going to be the one stuck with reselling it. It's on a slab so there aren't a lot of people willing to buy that.
As it is, her monthly living expenses will drop about $850. I think that's pretty good.
Which mini split will you install? I am looking at one that does not require a vacuum pump from Mr. Cool

Back
Top Bottom