BYC Café

I literally wore my fingers to the nub.
I kept getting blood on the grouting sponge.
discovered, when grouting, the importance of 1. having tiles the same thickness 2. making sure the adhesive is applied at the same thickness across the wall 3. making sure the tiles are laying flat... Because they weren't, the grouting took almost as long as the tiling, and shredded several rags as well as my fingers!
Perhaps one should be using a grouting FLOAT instead of a sponge? The sponge is just to clean the grout haze off the tiles. That shouldn't take any skin off your fingers.

Perhaps one should be using a grouting FLOAT instead of a sponge?
would have if I could have, but the tile pieces were too irregular; I ended up with a palette knife to get the grout in between the pieces for much of it. The excess still had to be removed, and some of the tiles I'd used were porcelain, and I'd smashed them with a hammer, so some edges were really like ceramic knives. As I said, I won't make the mistake of not ensuring that all the pieces lie flat in the same plane again!

Perhaps one should be using a grouting FLOAT instead of a sponge? The sponge is just to clean the grout haze off the tiles. That shouldn't take any skin off your fingers.
A float does not get into tight areas. Fingers do!
The sponge is used during the tooling and dehazing stages.

So GORGEOUS out there...wish I could spend hours working in the yard.
The spirit is willing, and longing, but the old bod says HellsNO!!
Peach crisp in the oven, don't usually bake stuff, but peaches were about to go bad.
Flashbacks to my long ago excellent peach pie with crunchy oat topping.

So GORGEOUS out there...wish I could spend hours working in the yard.
The spirit is willing, and longing, but the old bod says HellsNO!!
Peach crisp in the oven, don't usually bake stuff, but peaches were about to go bad.
Flashbacks to my long ago excellent peach pie with crunchy oat topping.
Peach crisp sounds good!

I bake an apple streusel yesterday

Back
Top Bottom