BYC Café

Una at 8 months.
LS is only 24 weeks.
I stuck her in the crate after dark, she did lay late, but still.
Hopefully she's not just having trouble laying, tho her nethers look and feel fine.
Will keep a close eye in the next few days.

Okay, true confessions time.
Who else allows their pin cushion molters to hide in the nest boxes for the night?
🤚
I might, but, never had one do that,
they just move down to the end of the roost away from the others.

I might, but, never had one do that,
they just move down to the end of the roost away from the others.
I've got two tail-less hens with porcupine shoulders. They are hiding out. They behave themselves. They hold it all night and do a broody dupe when they get out of the boxes in the morning. So what's the harm?
One of my WLHs did the same last year.

It's really tasty. I slow cook it for 8.5 - 9 hours. When it's done I use tongs to fish the smoked turkey leg out then I have to set it aside to cool so I can strip the meat off it to put back into the soup. It takes about 20 minutes of chopping to fill the crockpot up with veggies to bury the leg in.
For this batch I used radishes, purple carrots from my garden, 2 sweet onions, about 4 cups cubed butternut squash, one pound of Brussels sprouts and container of Baby Bella mushrooms. Dump a quart of chicken broth in, 1.5 Tbsp Weber roasted garlic seasoning, 1 Tbs seasoned salt and three or four shakes of crushed red pepper.
Stupid easy and very healthy.
I wondered what that was. Almost too yummy looking to care though. Lol! Have you posted this to the soup thread yet? With picture ;)

I wondered what that was. Almost too yummy looking to care though. Lol! Have you posted this to the soup thread yet? With picture ;)
I wrote an article.
It's just something I make quite regularly. I use whatever veggies I feel like and have substituted homemade bone broth in it too. The smoked turkey leg is the key to the great flavor.
I also make a weekly frittata that I put whatever veggies in I have on hand and season it differently each week.
I only cook healthy stuff so my recipes on this site go over like a fart in church.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
It will be an intermittently drizzly day today. I will have to play dodge the rain drops to get my materials on site for the roof build tomorrow.
I've got the brackets up for the new run perch but never went out to find a 13' branch to notch and install on them. I was quite the bum yesterday. But I needed a break.

Back
Top Bottom