BYC Café

That sounds like the way Una went broody the first time.
It's like the hormones say 'hatch eggs' instead of 'lay eggs' but the level isn't so high that they also say 'kill everything within a 3 foot radius of you'.
Bout spit coffee! :gig
Have broken several pullets just by tossing them out of nest multiple times a day.
Didn't want to do that here so she's crated and will probably let her out for a walk near roost time this evening, then crate her again if she doesn't roost.

Good morning, Cafe. Made a fresh pot!

Breezy, but still melting outside. Anyone want to trade upcoming weather??
Screenshot_20201020-112103.png

We ended up with about 8" out of the weekend storm. Shoveled the whole sidewalk and was feeling pretty good that I got something physical accomplished. Finally. But boy did I pay for it. Ran out antiinflammatories Friday, so pretty apparent the hydroxychloriquine isn't doing a thing. At least not yet.

View attachment 2380287
We ended up with about 8" out of the weekend storm. Shoveled the whole sidewalk and was feeling pretty good that I got something physical accomplished. Finally. But boy did I pay for it. Ran out antiinflammatories Friday, so pretty apparent the hydroxychloriquine isn't doing a thing. At least not yet.
My Middle DD that lives in Finland said that they have snow already too!

View attachment 2380287
-4!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Tonya, on the molters - I've had two sleeping in the nest boxes so far. One has since floofed up enough that she's moved back to the roost. The other one is not floofing quite as fast. She stands straight up in the box when I go in at night to check on them, as if to say "I'll move if you want me to, but for the love of God don't touch me!" :gig

My Middle DD that lives in Finland said that they have snow already too!
Wow, Finland? Do you guys go visit her?
-4!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
ErrMahGerd, right?? Although, now it's showing we're at least getting back into the 40's. I can't imagine winter completely socking in this early. That would be a major bummer!

Back
Top Bottom