BYC Café

Last week there was boasting about our County here in California opening back up. The numbers went back up and things are getting tighter again.

No gatherings over 16 people now
Our county went back into the red a couple of weeks ago. One of our states best school districts is in my county and is getting sued because they opened up fully when they said they wouldn’t and it was right after we went back into the red.
Smart. Not. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Our county went back into the red a couple of weeks ago. One of our states best school districts is in my county and is getting sued because they opened up fully when they said they wouldn’t and it was right after we went back into the red.
Smart. Not. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Churches here were going back into buildings for services next weekend too. Smart businesses did not open though. It takes a lot of work to open just to have them closed back up in two weeks.

I am talking about things like inside seating on a restaurant. Most stayed take out or outside seating.

Outside seating works well in California most of the year

I lost Goofy girl tonight. She was fine when I went in to lay down around 10.. heard a ruckus in the brooder room so I went to see what was up, and there she was on her back, eyes open, but not moving... Last pic from yesterday's outting in the yard.
View attachment 2381227
Sorry you lost a bird. It never gets easy.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
So excited to get back on MY roof today!! :wee

Code man came out to inspect framing yesterday and, as always, gave me the thumbs up. We then, as always, started chatting about other things. He gave me lots of great ideas on how to trim the porch roof out. We then walked out back to talk about the porch and what I wanted to do. He gave me more great ideas for finishing that.

He then said that "you need to get this done before March". I looked at him and figured out pretty quickly that he meant we needed to close my current permit out because he was retiring. I asked if he knew who the likely successor would be. He said there were 4 candidates and said that favored one would be a real pain in the backside and a jerk. Oh great. I told him I HAD to go and work on dad's house. That I'm under contract.

He then said, "on the other hand, who's going to see what you're doing back here? You could always do it without a permit. HEY! I didn't say that!" :eek: He also glanced at the new to him coop and run and all he had to say about that work was that the chickens are spoiled. He knows I'll build everything to above code and it would never be a safety issue.
I'd love to at least get the framing on the screened porch and the roof done but with what he suggested and what I want to do, I'd never get it done before the snow was flying as I'd have to order the lumber

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.
So excited to get back on MY roof today!! :wee

Code man came out to inspect framing yesterday and, as always, gave me the thumbs up. We then, as always, started chatting about other things. He gave me lots of great ideas on how to trim the porch roof out. We then walked out back to talk about the porch and what I wanted to do. He gave me more great ideas for finishing that.

He then said that "you need to get this done before March". I looked at him and figured out pretty quickly that he meant we needed to close my current permit out because he was retiring. I asked if he knew who the likely successor would be. He said there were 4 candidates and said that favored one would be a real pain in the backside and a jerk. Oh great. I told him I HAD to go and work on dad's house. That I'm under contract.

He then said, "on the other hand, who's going to see what you're doing back here? You could always do it without a permit. HEY! I didn't say that!" :eek: He also glanced at the new to him coop and run and all he had to say about that work was that the chickens are spoiled. He knows I'll build everything to above code and it would never be a safety issue.
I'd love to at least get the framing on the screened porch and the roof done but with what he suggested and what I want to do, I'd never get it done before the snow was flying as I'd have to order the lumber
Nice to hear you at least have someone at the moment that's on your side... Thanks for the coffee ♥

Back
Top Bottom