BYC Café

"Maybe all of this is not my fault." That was a turning point for me.
The Princess has dealt with anxiety/depression - about ten years ago she crashed - a difficult time that led to far better times. Diagnosis and medication and a study of her family history made a lot of things clear. At least 10 members of her family have dealt with this monster. Our daughter and granddaughter have also been diagnosed and are on medication. We are well aware that this is not anyone's fault.

She once told our doctor that she thinks I also deal with anxiety. He cocked his head, thought a bit, and said, "From what I can see, George is far more likely to cause anxiety than to suffer from it."

In my 20s, I had a dexamethasone suppression (?) test...?
Did they continue to test intermittently to 'prove' the meds were working?
Same meds you are still on?

At least 10 members of her family have dealt with this monster.
Runs in my family also.....along with alcoholism....many are in denial.

"From what I can see, George is far more likely to cause anxiety than to suffer from it."
:gig

Runs in my family also.....along with alcoholism....many are in denial.
First thing our doctor asked was if alcoholism was a problem in her family. After her positive reply he said, "It's starts as folks trying to self medicate, and eventually takes over." I understand that.

Just walked into the living room and saw the Princess reclined in her chair with a 55# lap dog on her lap. :eek: "Oh, she does this all the time." SMH Who wanted this dog?

Back
Top Bottom