BYC Café

Good morning Cafe.
I've made a pot of coffee.
Below zero overnight but bright and sunny here this morning but still rather frosty.
Getting rather bored of shpping for all those bits that I didn't bring with me from Spain. Not a lot of call for chainsaws, pot hole grafts, bowsaws, Hi Lift jacks and concrete breakers in a city flat.:confused:
:lol:

Good afternoon everyone, and thanks for the coffee, Shad. :caf

It is still raining but to add some variety, a nice storm is blowing through as well.
The chickens are slowly getting used to being contained and stopped their previous full-throated complaint.
They get carrots and apples and have nice dust baths, sand, leaves and an assortment of different roosts for amusement.

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the coffee Shad.
We've got a bit of snow on the ground.
IMG_20220117_082031873_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220117_082002084_HDR.jpg

I put extra food in the troughs when I did lock up last night so the flock would be able to have breakfast when they came off the roost and didn't have to wait for me to shovel my way out to them.

Bella was leaping around on the deck, looking up and barking. The only thing up there was snow falling down. I think she's complaining. I think I shall join her.

All that fell/blew in last night?
Yep.
Flurries started while I was grilling chicken for the salad last night so I filled the wood racks while I was cooking the chicken. I'm glad I did that. It's time to don my Carhartts and get some shoveling done.

Last edited:
Good morning and thanks for the coffee! Sunny, breezy, high of 52F today. Downright balmy! Yes, DS$ won his weight but with no serious competition. This weekend will be a different tournament with lots of outstanding kids so it should be fun to watch.
The calves look big and healthy, Meg!
Congrats on the new coffee pot, Shad!
Enjoy the day you all! I hear my chores calling.

It's time to don my Carhartts and get some shoveling done.
I'm going to wait until 3, maybe 3:30, to move snow. Our potential for 8" seems to have dropped to maybe 4". I guess the storm is mostly south of us and moving north east. DW is not pleased, she wants to use her new snow shoes. But they have some serious pointy picks and she's afraid they'll get stuck in the grass if there isn't enough cover.

Back
Top Bottom