BYC Café

Are your tetanus shots still effective? And do you have some antibiotics on hand in case it gets infected? :old
I ALWAYS immediately wash and disinfect injuries. I've had some painful infections when I've neglected to do so. Lesson learned. I am up to date on my tetanus too. I seem to have an annoying knack for injuring myself when I'm working. Thankfully, never seriously. But this is the second time I've injured this poor thumb nail. The first time I punched the Phillips tip of a driver through it and THAT bled like the dickens and hurt like hell I can tell you!

Good afternoon Cafe! I brought another pot of coffee. Was up at 3am to go lobster fishing today, hence my silence.

Photos of the day include an aesthetically pleasing piece of seaweed and a beautiful Sea Raven that was released back into the sea within approximately 30 seconds of coming aboard.

IMG_9624.jpeg
IMG_9616.jpeg

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

We got a tiny bit of rain yesterday but it barely made a dent.
I have been puttering with the master bathroom to continue with progress while I muddle through the nightmare I'm in. I finally got the cabinets installed but mis-drilled the service holes in the cabinet backs. When I was re-drilling from the opposite side I didn't want to punch through and damage the pex so I pulled the first line out of the way and pushed too hard on the drill and instead of hitting the pex the speed bore bit chattered over my thumb nail and index finger. I managed to make two small cuts in the finger and take a chunk of the nail out down to the bed in the middle of my thumb nail. Not a lot of blood but now my thumb is throbbing.
At least I have something different to think about now.
Omg, have you applied ice? Hope it feels better soon and heals quickly!

Good afternoon Cafe! I brought another pot of coffee. Was up at 3am to go lobster fishing today, hence my silence.

Photos of the day include an aesthetically pleasing piece of seaweed and a beautiful Sea Raven that was released back into the sea within approximately 30 seconds of coming aboard.

View attachment 3536514View attachment 3536515
I love the looks of this! Would make a cool ceramic piece.

Back
Top Bottom