BYC Café

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

I went over to Shadow's owners house for dinner last night.
After digging in the pond all day after only having a piece of frittata, a handful of grapes and 2 mugs of coffee, I was HUNGRY. I picked beets and got them roasting on the grill while I showered and got ready, loaded up the beets and dogs, swung over to Lowe's for some plumbing pieces I needed, back tracked to the liquor store for a large bottle of red wine and headed up.
I cracked open the wine and dove in nose first. I rarely drink and I downed two glasses while chatting with hubs while wife was grilling. I was very pleasantly buzzed by the time dinner was served! I can say with certainty I had no mouth pain whatsoever so I KNOW it works!!

Last edited:
I gotta share this about DH's retirement party. He was given some NICE gifts, and some funny ones too. His boss got him a mug that says, "FN quitter!" in large letters, and in small letters it says, "I mean, happy retirement." He also got a T-shirt that says, "Does this shirt make me look retired?"

In the nice category, a DeWalt skill saw, a bottle of champagne, and two flutes to drink it out of.

Did you see the movie, "Castaway" with Tom Hanks? Remember Wilson, the soccer ball? The owner of the company bought it a couple years ago, and put it by DH's work area "because DH was always working alone." Now it's in a nice plexiglas display box, etched with, "Happy Retirement" (date and company).

I can say with certainty I had no mouth pain whatsoever so I KNOW it works!!
BUT...were you stabbed in the jaw earlier in the day?! :gig

No pain meds today, things got better and better thruout the day, especially the throat pain. Still feel pretty puny overall tho.

Good morning Cafe. Coffee is ready.

I saw 2 roundworms on the boards yesterday morning so I dewormed the flock last night with piperazine citrate. One hen, Cayuga, kept trying to get into the front room where I was weighing and dosing them. She figured out quickly you got treats in there.
It was very satisfying to see the worms again on the boards this morning but because I stripped them out of the birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom