BYC Café

Is the house underground? or built into a mountain.

There could be some type of ground cooling or water cooling used.

Most places, it is not feasible for that type of cooling.

I too hope that some type of tech can come about to cool in a more energy efficient way!

I do suspect that people living in parts of the world with limited resources do suffer in the heat and many die from it each year.
There you have it. People have come to expect to carry on as normal no matter what happens around them in Western Europe, maybe the USA too. Heat killed people in Catalonia and by global standards it doesn't get that hot. It kills people in lots of countries. Believing one can combat the heat with the resources one has rather than build to shelter from it and adjust to work in it, works out kind of expensive in resources.

Good evening Cafe.
The UK is having a bit of a heatwave. Tomorrow it's going to get into the serious heat band which to me is anything over 35C. At 40C I sort of give up and go horizontal. The British, not being used to such temperatures and tending to see that ball of gas in the sky as something to be worshiped with the minimum amount of clothing and excessive alcohol consumption will no doubt be roasting in their thousands.
The chickens at the allotments are going to be uncomfortable for a few hours. Because the allotments catch the weather coming up the Bristol channel; it's usually windy, and being near the sea means it will stay 2 or 3 degrees cooler than the predicted highs of 37C.

We are still waiting for rain. It was 87 today. I'm drenched again. Still puttering with digging out the pond. The neighbor who said he'd come over and scoop out the middle for me was a no show... SIX TIMES! Ass.
Well, I need the exercise and surely need to lose some weight. I've been drinking about a gallon of water a day through this. Then I'll get up at night and pee and it'll be really dark and I freak out for a second thinking I've dehydrated myself to rainsinette kidneys until I remember, I really like beets and I eat them with nearly every meal!

This is as far as I've gotten on the pond. It's 39" down on the left end.
IMG_20220717_153042587.jpg

This is where the barrel I'm using as a settlement tank will go. Still needs more digging.
IMG_20220717_153036827.jpg

I harvested my first cucumbers a few days ago and looked up a Paleo cucumber salad recipe. This was so stinking tasty I ate half the recipe!
IMG_20220717_180630922.jpg

I just took this off the grill.
IMG_20220717_191750529_HDR.jpg
Everything but the carrots came out of the garden today.

Back
Top Bottom