BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! Quick post from me! I've got lost of catching up to do, I see!

SE ~ sorry about the race. Hope the next one goes much better!

Karen ~ hope you had a great time at the beach!

I know there's more, but that's all I can remember right now!
hugs.gif
for those that need them today.

I'm not going to get any crocheting done today, but I hope to get some done tomorrow. DH and I will have the weekend together, and I think we're going to go to Biltmore on Saturday. We'll see what happens. We may just hang out.

OK - I gotta get back to work. Have a great day, everyone!

Well Gals thought I give you some High lights of my weekend on the beach
big_smile.png

After a long drive I walked in dropped my bags in my room and headed out
12535_p1030325b.jpg

finding a sign that lead me to the patio area

12535_p1030324b.jpg
where some of my family had started to gather

12535_p1030322b.jpg

As I took in the scenery I could see why they were chatting here.

12535_p1030321b.jpg

The flowers and trees were wonderful The sign let me know I had arrived. Welcome to Paradise

12535_p1030318b.jpg

The beach was only a short stroll away. Boy is this a place to relax or what! Where's my tanning lotion?

12535_p1030348b.jpg

The nights were filled with card playing,

12535_p1030403b.jpg

games and laughing,

12535_p1030301b.jpg

toasting marshmellows on the fire and just enjoying eachothers company.

12535_p1030334b.jpg

Saturday was spent preparing for that nights Party (my son doesn't like me taking his picture so much)

12535_p1030359b.jpg

and this was the Big Seafood Feast

12535_p1030362bjpg.jpg

Crab legs, Shrimp chicken kabobs, Lobster tails, steamed clams, steak, potatos, corn , scones, salads,
wow some great eats...

12535_p1030372b.jpg

Just ask do they look like they are eatin good or what?

12535_p1030367b.jpg

12535_p1030391b.jpg

Noah sure had a great time and to make it better he spent with his Dad.

12535_p1030423b.jpg

Before we all departed we took the group to the beach for a photo

12535_p1030425b.jpg

Here I am with the Hostest with the Mostest My younger sister on the beach. She was the master mind behind this whole weekend outing adventure. (I hate my glasses and the sun in my face, wow
sickbyc.gif
)
I had such a wonderful time.

Looks like you had lots of fun AND good eats!
big_smile.png

Just dropped in to show you my latest Amigurumi I just finished up. I sooooo wish I had written it down as I went, but I really didn't know if it was going to turn out
tongue.png

mushroomMedium.jpg

Karan WOW! what a feast and a good time! I think I need to get some gals together here for a beach theme party to brighten things up around here. The fall weather has just been gloomy...sure looks like you had a wonderful time!

Angie! Nice Mushroom! Er, toadstool...It looks great!

I finally made some soap using the good ole melt and pour technique...I am still way in the experimental stage. I doubt it will be able sell any of my first batch. It all looks a bit ummm...well generic or something. I can't figure out how to use those cute little soap embossing things. SE??? Have you used the embossing stamp things on your soap molds ever?

OK, of to try and wind the kiddo down...jeesh. I am not sure what kind of uppers she got into, but she sure is wound up... holy cow! Someone give her a chill pill!

Yes we all had a great time.
I think I need to go back now.

sad.png
Just had my 1st chicken tradigy (sp?) this evening
sad.png

WARNING
barnie.gif

THIS MAY BE A BIT GRAPHIC
IF SQUMMISH
sickbyc.gif

DO NOT READ
ANY FUTHER

ep.gif

Don't say I didn't warn you
sickbyc.gif

I went out to give the chickens some left over lettuce and a few bad tomatos.
barnie.gif
I find a chicken stuck in between the 2 chainlink fence panels we had used as divider in the run. A big red blotch on both sides of her.
barnie.gif
I thought I was going to pull out a dead chicken.
hit.gif
And to my surprise and horror this Cuckoo Marans Pullet was still alive.
th.gif
She was pecked bloody and bald on her left side and on her right side was a 2 1/2 x 3 inch round hole about 1 to 2 inches deep.
sickbyc.gif
I could hear her suck air through what was left of her lung.
sickbyc.gif

hit.gif
The poor thing she was so quite while I held her. Her comb was whitish pink very pale she was still dripping a bit of blood. Her plucked feathers were all over that fence area.
barnie.gif
It was horror-a-fying
barnie.gif

I called DH told him I had a badly wounded chicken and I needed help. He looked at her and checked to see if there was enough skin to try to sew her up with But we both decided after all the blood she lost and as deep as it was and with part of her lung missing. It was best to end it for her.
hit.gif

DH did it quickly with 1 blow. It was a very very sad thing. Then He went right to the run and removed the chain link panels. Saying that was 1 mistake we will Not make again.
I think she was the one brave little hen that would run out and dodge the older chickens and get on that fence and hop over to the other side and have that side all to herself. Poor little girl. Now I have 10 Marans pullets and 5 cockrells from my hatchery Cuckoo Marans.

I think I'm going to go to bed now with a glass of wine and try to relax. And hope I don't have another evening like this for a long time if ever
th.gif

I will check on all you gals in the morning

Quote:
I have never been on jury duty either... never sat still long eneough!!.. But one day, I would like too.. I think it would be exciting...
Would be great if I was on a huge case, wrote a book, and made millions, huh??...

Athena

Quote:
Darlene... Good luck to Travis (and YOU) on the 18th... I went onto Travis's page... He is a cutie..
I can't believe the only thing sticking up on that car is his head.. and you tell me about hutzpah!!!

Im sorry about that mechanical failure, but.. he is still in the lead, and yea, its only 38 points...but, that is after coming in 8th! Thats still pretty darn good.

Now how old is he again??

Did I tell you I have an 18 yr old daughter at FSU??...lol....

Athena

Karan....

Oh no... Im sorry about your Maran....

She got stuck and her fellow coop mates basically pecked her to death???..

Poor thing....

I have a few chicken tragedy's myself.. kinda like old war stories.. best told over wine tho.. and no wine for thousands of miles here....lol..

So, I will save it, for when I am home, and sloshed...lol..

This is October...so, a lil over 5 and a half months left to go......

Yea!!!!!!!!!

Athena

Pm me your address Athena and we well put you together a box of love from home..regardless of whether or not you tell you what you want, lol!!! And yes, Travis is 18...he has been dating the Hooters girl for about a year but hey, he is 18 and I just consider that practice anyway, lol!!

Karan, that is heartbreaking about your hen. On the other hand, your beach photos look like sooooooo much fun!! I work with a girl in another part of my territory that has a family that meets at the beach like that for a vacation together eery summer. She always talks about how much fun it is too. Glad you had a great time and thanks for sharing with us!!

Angie, your mushroom is cute!! Mario mushroom?

Shanah, never stamped into my soap but if you are putting in embeds, you have to get that glycerin so cooled off or they will totally melt. Are you pouring into a loaf pan lined with plastic? That is the easiest, then when fully cooled, lift out and cut off the ugly end pieces and slice into bars. The cut a paper grocery bag into strips and take a strip around each bar with your info. on it for a label..thats very green recycling. I really wouldn't be trying to do all the hard stuff first..just wait until the clear glycerin has cooled alot and drop one drop of color in your loaf and swirl with a knife..wait a bit longer and drop a dif. color drop in and swirl easy.that will be very pretty..has to be cool or the color will melt and disperse. Let it "crue" or sit and harden for several hours after you take it out of the pan before cutting and the sticky will go away. Good luck...DO NOT PACKAGE SOAP WITH EGGS!!! the smell will transfer and your eggs will be nasty..unless you like peppermint eggs!! Trial and error and it will be so easy. I've been using the melt and pour over a year now and still make an occasional mess, you'll be fine..remelt what you mes up and use it at home.

Scoot...hope you got some sleep girl, those all nighters are hard on us old folks!!
gig.gif
gig.gif

I sat all day yesterday, with 51 other people, watching CNN and reading every magazine in the place and they dismissed us late yesterday afternoon with none of us called!! I guess that makes me good for 2 more years but I was at least hoping to get into the courtroom for a trail!!!

Gotta go...later gaters, hook on..ya'll have a turn in deadline coming up SOOOOOOOONNNN!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom