BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did go on an outing...a rather harrowing one to Chicago on a spontaneous trip to IKEA, *and* I finished my next square while on the trip, in the car, which I never thought I would be able to do since I can't usually do anything except stare out the window or close my eyes while on a car ride...I feel pretty cool right now.
cool.png
hee hee...

Hope all of you stayed safe and dry. Even Chicago had warnings and closed roads from flooding and trees down and whatnot...

Lovely pattern, Karan, but too much for my skill range...but I couldn't resist getting some of the other patterns for the other winter warmer things...got to have goals.
lol.png

Everyone hang in there and have a great rest of your weekend!

And now, just because I need to:
bun.gif

good night gals!
More prayers for the storm and rain/flood/wet ridden!

Last edited:
Travis finished 5th...not the stellar finish we were hoping for but only some "pull bar" problems in the set up of the car this time, no major breaks or blows and no wrecks...should be an easy fix to make for next week and then we are all in for a win..the points lead is getting SLIMMER..yikes!!!!

I have alot of general house stuff to get done today..boring!! I did work on a washcloth at the track to go in my christmas record bowls..the stitch is awesome, found the pattern on the lionbrand site..its chain 35 sc in 2nd chain and all across, chain up 1 then dc in that stitch and then skip a chain and in the next stitch do a sc & dc in same stitch, skip a chain and repeat...to the end chain 1 turn dc in that sticht and repeat the sc/dc skip pattern..PRETTY!!!!!! Cotton yarn of course but awesome lookig stitch, haven't used it before..try it, very nice!

Have a great day ya'll
wink.png

Boy SE, sure hope next weeks race comes out with a win too. Tell Travis we are pulling for him.
yippiechickie.gif
Post a pic of him with his car, you may have some where sometime, but I would like to see one , Thanks

risurocket Congrats on the square I knew you had it in you.
clap.gif
As we said just takes time. Post a pic, lets see
ya.gif

Leepsy sorry I just found on my search and had to share, it is so pretty. Glad ya like it, I have put on my next fall or winter project list.
Still haven't found that pattern I want to try for my nieces sweater. It will be my first time getting that brave, so need to find one with a simple pattern.

Maw sorry you didn't get as wet as ya wanted too, shoulda come to my area you would have found it.
jumpy.gif
splash

They held the Relay for Life at the Schools Multi purposeroom as the QueenCity Park was under water. It was the first time my Stepmother and I had been to one they have been going on for 10 years here.
Shame on me
smack.gif
My Stepmother Ann had a lump found in ther breast earlier this spring it was removed and she went through radidation (sp?) treatments and for 4 months now they say she is clear.
clap.gif
. They had a wonderful turn out well over 150 people may have been close to 200 they had lots of activites, and things to buy or get raffle tickets for. There was a really beautiful Chicken quilt and of course I didn't take my camera.
smack.gif
And of course lots of good food. Noah and I did the Caregivers walk with her that followed the surivors walk. Ann didn't want to stay for the whole thing as it was to go till 5am this morning. But we visited with folks and she got some supper, she wanted to get back home to Dad as his back was hurting so he couldn't go. Ann was the beginning of my Crochet learning, her and her mom, Grandma Dolly, had crocheted as long as I can remember. Of course Grandma Dolly would crochet these wonderful dollies and tablecloths from the cotton thread, both of us have tried and tried just can't do it. Anyway we had a nice time and I told her next year we will plan to make a longer evening of it if she wants, now that we know what to expect. I gotta go do more walking to get ready for some of the fund raisers next year
wee.gif

Scoot becareful your chickens don't turn into Ducks
D.gif
gig.gif

Hi everyone!!!!!
smile.png

Mawchick I am so sorry to hear you've had more hen losses.
hugs.gif

Life has been so busy for me. Last week I had to pull junk out of all my closets in the bedrooms & family room and move furiture to have the carpets cleaned on Tue.
he.gif
Way over due!!!! Eventually the carpets will be replaced w/ hardwood, but that takes time & $$$$$$$. Our whole house needs to be renovated, but one room at the time, right! Man at the stuff that was cramed into all the closets. It was a nightmare......and I hate to clean.
barnie.gif

Hubby's Uncle Tony flew in from New York to stay w/ us for a few weeks, so we've been busy visiting w/ him.

My DD turned 15 yrs old Sept 6, but we didn't have the party w/ her friends until last night. Whew!!!!! I'm so tired!!!!! She had a Pirate Theme Party since Friday was actually National "Talk Like A Pirate Day". They were up all night being silly girls. I'm sure there will be clips of me post on YouTube from their flip filming....probably yelling at them to quiet down or stop running in the house.
lau.gif

I think I'm getting everyone's rain. I thought I'd have to paddle to let the chickens out this morning. Baby turkeys aren't to happy about this weather either.

Karenleaf I just love the sunflower pattern you found. It looks great!!!!!

clap.gif
Yay!!!! Risurocket great job on completing a square.
pop.gif
Pictures please.

I worked on a square yesterday in the car on the ride over to a family get together. We had to hurry home to get ready for dd's party. WHew!!!!
th.gif

So...... I'm still around and I'm trying to find the time to crochet. I'll post pics soon of what I've completed, b/c I'd like you ladies to pick the color pattern that I will proceed w/ from here.
fl.gif

Ok, my house is trashed.
barnie.gif
I think I'd get it a little in order and snuggle down to caught up on a little crocheting since I'm so far behind everyone else. It's over cast & yucky here anyway.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!
Kim

Last edited:
You aren't behind me Kim! ...I will post pictures when I feel a bit more confident. I was thinking about a victory pic as a goal to look forward to when I am done. Though having everyone pick the theme color might be a good idea....hmm...we will see.

Good luck getting your house back together. I have a house full of people right now as well and am not looking forward to the aftermath.
tongue.gif

I better go be social with my guests....though I don't really feel like watching football...where is that crochet hook???

Speaking of pictures, in case you all missed the scotland pic posting (at last)...here it is one more time:
http://risurocket.freaksign.org/gallery/scotland

I found this end table type thing: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20116189 there was a picture of it on the IKEA home page...(but the pic changes every time you load the page) where it was holding yarn. So, the top of it comes off and you can put whatever you want in it. I am pretty sure something like it could be handmade. DH thought you were supposed to put ice it in. Anyway, I need something like it for my yarn. Thought I would share.
wink.png

Last edited:
Well girls I found a sweater pattern I am going to attempt. So I am off to bed with a hook and yarn.
smile.png

Check with you all in the morning
caf.gif
Maw let me know if ya got my last batch.. Thanks

Till then good night. Sleep tight
frow.gif

Last edited:
How's this for a man, ladies?... My DH had me show him how to crochet!!! Aren't we going to be cute side by side on the couch?
gig.gif
(He knows how to knit (sort of) and is the "seamster" in the family too...makes excellent costumes for our DD)...So, if he gets his squares square before the swap deadline, you might have some from him too.
pop.gif

Got to love a man like that!
love.gif

And for the record, my daughter wanted in on the action as well and showed dad how to do the foundation chain before I could.
lol.png
So, it looks like I am going to have a whole family of hookers!

I think you all slow-oke hookers still have plenty of time to get those squares done, forgot the cut off date but seems you are making good progress, I'm sure ya'll will get them in when you should!!

Busy week for me, have great day ya'll, hope everyone dries out today, hooks alot and has great fun...later gaters
wink.png

monday.gif

Mornin y'all gonna go do some chores then maybe a lil
animal008.gif
and then some cat fishin!!!!! LOL the river is way flooded and the cats are bitting!
have a wonderful day!
glitterimage86.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom