BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skand - I found several different prayer shawl patterns at www.lionbrand.com, and another really great website is www.shawlministry.com. The one I'm working on now is my own pattern. Just use grannies made with half-double crochet (the 3 loops on the hook represent Father, Son & Holy Spirit). I'm making rows of 3 six-inch grannies, and will do 10-12 rows. The main thing about a prayer shawl is to pray for the person who will receive it while you are working on it.
Scrambled - thanks so much for the directions!! I'll try to get that started this weekend or next. Sounds delicious!
Later, ya'll!
Kay

Oh my I still
gig.gif
just thinking of Mangled covered in mash and chickens
lau.gif
Makes it hard to drink cappachino And this is coming from a gal that has wreck everything from tricycle, bicycle, car and horse. I don't even need an hole or anything in front of me to fall.
Shoot I fall up stairs instead of down.
th.gif

It reminded me of when I was 8 months along with my 1st and at mothers I go out the backdoor to give RoHo (my little sister's pet rooster) some scraps and fell forward. I am so big out front I can't get up. Like a turtle on it's back I just kinda tip back and forth. So I yell Mom Mom,after a few minutes my brother opens the back door doesn't see me and shuts the door so I yell more and more. Finally I yell for my other sister Ellen then they turn the light on and see me. They come out side and ask if I'm ok when I say yes, they all stand there and just laugh at me. Mom said she thought there was a cat fight out there when I was yelling Mom Mom.
lau.gif
lau.gif

I figure some of us have won the gold and silver a few times over the years in the olympic sport of falling.
th.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

So ya see Mangled we all at one time or the other will have a funny falling story to pass around.

Last edited:
Quote:
I used to make something we called Cherry Bombs. Buy marachino cherries and dump most of the juice out of the jar. Add vodka (or pure grain if you really want to kick someone's butt) and let them sit in the fridge for a few weeks. When you go to a party take a jar of Cherry Bombs, toothpicks and a saucer. Spear the bombs, set them out on the saucer and invite people to have a snack. It's kinda fun to watch the tears form in the corner of their eyes as they finish chewing and try to swallow.

Blend those blueberries with vanilla frozen yogurt and you could call it an Atomic Smoothie
lau.gif

I was such a trouble maker back in the day. Then I got married, had kids, and have been trying to set a good example ever since. I find myself dreaming of Amaretto Cherry Bombs though. I have a feeling I'm taking 'Christmas Balls' to the Hiker Club Holiday party this year....

Last edited:
Didja check e-bay?

Three days ago, I was lucky enough to run across a few skeins of a Paddy Green I've been looking for for *three* years.

Was Sierra a verigated yarn? With browns and blues and reds?

Em

Quote:
Yea, I have been looking at Ebay, no luck yet. Yes it is varigated, with blues, greens, with a couple kinda copper looking colors. I started an afghan last year for one of my grandsons, and well can't find any of the Sierra now, may integrate the Painted Desert, if I can't find any more of the Sierra.

If you have any in your stash, I would be happy to buy it from you, Let me know and Thanks

LC, I looked at those sites you gave me. One problem, my math stinks worse then Jim's armpits on a hot sweaty day. When it says however many yards of yarn, about how many skeins would I need? 4, 5 or more?

ya'll gals are a mess I tell ya! LOL olmypic falling and bluebarry hooch LOL! well gals jsut 2 more hookers left to hear from on squares and then soon they will be on their little ways back to ya'll. amyquilt did you get my pm's? let me know. well I will be off to take some babys to the sell in about an hour, and then will be off to watch the sell at 6pm till ? as this will be the long sale day first one of the month always is though. I am going to try my hardest not to come home with any new chickens, just a few new chickens, ok no more than 6 new chickens. OH its so hard not to want to buy them! Humm maybe I should send dh instead other wise all the pens I just emptyed for next springs hatch will be full again!. lol well ladies I must be off to get the babys to the barn other wise they won't sell as good if they get there to late so ya'll take care and i will post ya later. Maw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom