Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
ARRGGHHH!!!
I've been banished!!
Oh the pain!!
ACK! @&^*&^ the agony!!
I beg your Majesty!! PARDON!!
nub- Blobs, slubs, or nerds of material in a thread or yarn that give it an interesting textured effect.

hmmmmm you may be pardoned THIS time only...LOL dont let it happen again....ya know sooner or later you WILL know and understand the hooker lingo!!! LOL

I love the hooker lingo, cuz when I am mad and start hooking off the wall, I start bouting off the pattern directions and Dh thinks I am cussing at him in a different language. LOL!!! to funny!!! I see everyone is up and moving about this morning. Hope all is well and everyone has a better day today. well today I am deffanantly (sp?) going to get to work on that hat. SK I am making the girls some crocheted dolls as tall as they are. and some socks, and blaylee got her presents bought yesterday, and she got one for everyone in the family. so cute she is. well Haley lost her bunny last night too, so no more babie bunnys only big ones. but shes ok we have us a shoebox funeral this morning and we decided that we would rather have a puppy anyhow. so she is happy knowing that tinker bell is in heaven hooping around on the clouds. So we go friday to pick up 2 great pyrenees puppys in mcalester from fellow bycer allison. boy was she a life saver!

Now is anyone else not getting any eggs at all right now? My hens have gone one strike, its been nearly a month now and not one egg. I mean I know that during molt they will slow down or not lay, but this is rediculous!!! not one egg. I should be getting tons!!!! But NO not even one, no signs of chicken snakes, or rats, no broken shells, nothing. hummm I wonder if I got threaten them with the stew pot if maybe I could scary some out of them, I mean I almost swear they have corks in their rears or something. Oh well if anyone has any advice on what I could do please let me know. Maw.

Maybe should threaten them, only instead of being dinner ,threaten to sing ,'you are my sunshine'? lol
Our hen, stoogie, hasn't lain since Jim moved her from the babies with handheld, the blind roo. Jim was tired of her layin nonfertile eggs, so he moved her in the pen with giant, our RIR roo. She was so mad, she stopped laying. She's been back with handheld almost 2 weeks now, still no eggs. Might be the cold setting in, she did the same last year.

sorry I hav'nt postedin a while I'm going on 3 days in the war with the sock.
I decided I wanted to knit my dad a pair of socks since he doesn't want me spending money on a birthday gift for him and I've never knitted socks before so figured I would practice on a small pair for GD. It's been a nightmare but I think I have finally figured it out I'll post a pic if I ever get one done.
Skand I love your posts I was just sitting here thinking I wonder if Skand has a knitting fairy.
As soon as my squares come I know I won't want to knit.

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

I want to send out a Be-Lated Welcome to Sewincircle & Lovemychix!!!!
welcome-byc.gif
I need to go back and read pages. Hope I didn't miss any more new people! WELCOME EVERYONE!!!!!! Just in case!

Lovemychix here's another crochet learning link that is posted all through out this thread somewhere. I learned how to crochet from Grandma when I was 7 yrs old, but she didn't teach any specific pattern or how to read "Hooker Lingo", so this site helped my teach myself the Granny Square. I printed out the step by step picture and it helped ALOT. Oh yea, with a 4 ply worsted yarn the squares are thicker and don't seem to curl as much, but they still do sometimes. Like everyone else says...they'll straighten out when they are connected. SE made a beautiful afghan all with the cotton yarn.

www.crochetcabana.com

Sk ~I know what you mean about the "Hooker Lingo". Drives me crazy!!!!! I'm still learning how to decipher the "Secret Hooker Lingo Code". I know what the abbreviations stand for and how to do them, but it's when they start adding parenthesis and stars and they are never straight forward.
barnie.gif
Geeze!!!! Listen to your Majesty and eventually it will flow and you can pick up any pattern and make any project or you can rattle it of and JIm might think you are cursing him like Maw's Dh does.
lau.gif

Ris~ I think you need more hugs!!!!!
hugs.gif
You've had a rough couple of days with the chicks and burnt pancake smelling kitchen. I'm so glad you're ok. Here's an extra one.
hugs.gif
Hope your chickies are doing ok.

Maw~ you need some hooker hugs to
hugs.gif
. I'm sorry about Baylee's rabbit. I'm so glad you got your house back together.

Maw~ Most my big girls are molting or have molted and their egg laying really slowed down. I'm still getting them, but it has slowed. Can't wait for these naked girls to grow their feathers back. They were looking a little skinny to. I bumped up their protein, added avia charge 2000 to water to help immune system, sunflower seeds and they seems to help the molt process. I also added in some Kickin' Chicken supplement to their feed that is rich in Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acids. I don't know which is helping, but some of the girls are finally growing some feathers in. The feather thing has been an issue in my older flock that started w/ Napoleon loving them all off.
lau.gif
I had to kick him out of the "Love Nest"

Yahooo!!!!! Squares are coming in....How exciting!!!!!! I can't wait to receive mine.
wee.gif

Karen~ I have to agree that you must have a Maran EE mutt. Post some pics of your Maran Muts. It's a pretty egg who ever laid it. Congratulations!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

We spend Sat with "Battle of the Leaves". Every weekend we clear them for only more to lay a blanket on the lawn. Those Pin Oaks always hold them until the last min. Dh was on leaf duty driving the mower around w/ leaf track vac attached to mulch and suck them up and was on the tractor on limb & stick patrol. Our wood pile is getting small and need to chop some more.

Gotta run to the gym to make room for Thanksgiving goodies, but I'll check in later!!!!!!!
smile.png

*laugh* You are all a hoot! Hooters Hooker's Club
lau.gif

Anyway...
gaehn4.gif

frow.gif
Hi Smitty! Good to see you! Thanks for all the hugs! I did need them.
smile.png
hugs.gif
back to everyone! I just hope I can manage a pumpkin pie without doing something stupid before Thursday.

Gonna sit by my peeps and hook today if it's the last thing I do...actually the dishes and the floors and the laundry and the...those will be the last things I do...

Skand, I totally agree with you that the nice place to ask questions is right here with our hookin' sisters.

Maw, Do you have a light on a timer in your coop? The girls need at least 14 hours a day of light, doesn't have to be sunlight. I don't know what kind of hens you have though, because some just don't lay in the winter at all. RIRs, Leghorns, Red Stars, etc those kind should lay all winter if they have enough light.
I have 23 hens and 18 of them are laying regularly. Occasionally I will get 21. (I have 2 that just don't lay I guess)... My timer is set to go on at 3:00AM and off at 8:30AM or something like that. DH set it, so I am not real sure, but it is close to that. Sorry about your bun buns.
hugs.gif
The puppies sound like they will be a lot of fun and will keep you busy.

Off to find
e015.gif

Purr, good luck on your socks! I won't even try something like that yet, so I admire your courage.
Karan any more green eggs? Yes, we need pics!
Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Last edited:
Oh........ the heck with the gym!!!!!! I don't feel like going. I went yesterday, though.
tongue.png

It's cold and all I want to do is just chill for a min and drink another cup of coffee.
caf.gif

I've really missed my BYC time!!!!!!
sad.png

I'm hosting Thanksgiving for DH's family. DH does a lot of the cooking. He'll do the turkey and I'll do some sides. I'm sure someone will bring dressing and pies. His brother & wife makes the best home made pies from scratch. Oh gosh...maybe I should go to the gym.
lol.png
Last year I made pumpkin Creme Burlee. It was soooooo yummy! Can you tell I'm hungry.
gig.gif

On no Risu your pic didn't post.

Purr post a pic of your socks when you finish them. That is so cool you are knitting some socks! I still want to go back and get the book that book that had a pattern on how to crochet socks. I really would love to try it.

I'm still crocheting the baby blanket for my sister. I have one more sec to do of the repeated pattern, edge it and then the dreaded cross stitch part. It's still got a way to go, but getting closer.

Oh yea, I forgot to say how much I LOVE all the Bling everyone is posting....just lov it!!!!! Helps start my day with a smile even if I hadn't had time to post.
thumbsup.gif
Keep it up ladies!

Ok, I'm looking around this house and it is TRASHED!!!!!!!
sickbyc.gif
I really need to clean it from top to bottom. Maybe I'll burn some calories that way.
bun.gif

Good Morning!!
big_smile.png

I'm doing the double crochet stitch today. I know once I get a few rows done I am going to like this one. Does everyone have a hard time getting going? I feel like I don't have anything to hold. That's probably a stupid question.
lol.png
tongue.png
I've looked at some patterns and I'm completely blown away. confused ???? I guess that will come after I learn all the stitches. I hope. Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the welcome and links or tips. I just hope I don't sound dumb for asking all these silly things. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when I do something and I want to know if that stuff is normal or right.
wink.png
Having someone to ask is so much better!!!

I know *I* had a hard time getting started. You can go back through this thread around July-ish and read all my frustrated screams. It was so good to have these gals to vent my frustrations with and ask questions.

What is with the Hooker Lingo anyway!? I am just now starting to get most of it finally, until they toss some other interpretation at me...I will stick to amigurumi and squares for now I think. I am not sure how I got the ami stuff. That clicked pretty quickly.

I edited my previous post for a new pic.
wink.png
it was just a little sign before anyway. Photobucket doesn't like a lot of hotlinking for smilies, I think.

Purr... One super duper figure it out how to do it knitting fairy coming your way.....*POOF* Ta da!!!

I am jealous of you smitty. 'how in the world do you not only fit in everything you do, then add a weekly trip to the gym' kinda way. lol

I'm cleaning the heck outta my house this morning. Washed some of my walls and kitchen cabinets so far, need to get the rest of the house now.

Guttin punkins here in on my next break from cleaning. Going to make pies bread and maybe cookies. Can you make ginger snap cookies and add pumpkin to it? Or pumpkin/molasses cookies?

OOO Risu, bake some cookies, it'll take the pancake smell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom