BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome bling Rocket!!! That chorus line of smileys is soooo cool!!!

Here's the kahlua recipe I used.. http://www.recipezaar.com/Kahlua-33535 and it tastes like good cappacino when it's steeped a month....excellent!! I poured it into my 5oz frappacino bottles, labeled and tied a ribbon on them and they will go in the baskets with my canned goods. For the blueberry vodka I used about a 1/2 liter of the medium prices vodka, poured that over a cup or so of fresh blueberries, splashed some raspberry schappes over that, about a 1/4 cup of sugar and covered the top with some tulle (I had no cheesecloth) and let it sit in the cold, dark garage a month...strong but great flavor and a pretty reddish color..will be good in sips by itself or in martinis..bottled the same as my kahlua. Will def. make these again next year and maybe some others, easy and nice gifts!!! My husband made scuppernog wine year before last, ended up with 3 nice bottles, very very good, we gave those for gifts too so maybe I'll have some grapes next year for that, this year I used the muscadines for jam and grape hull preserves. I love canning things and that makes a great gift!!!

Thanks SE! (I seem to have a bling addiction.
wink.png
)
Secret Santa Police
9.gif
12.gif
1.gif

1. SE - Mailed and received by Skand
2. Maw
3. Athena
4. EastTn/Steph
5. Scoot - Mailed to Jennifer (newchickenfam)
6. Amy
7. Karan
8. No Chicks/Susan - Mailed
9. Rocket/Shanah - Mailed
10. Guitarists/Angie
11. TB!/Teri - Mailed (tracking number posted in post 3376) to AmyQ
12. Skand/Stephanie - mailed??
13. Jacie - Mailed and (received??) I think this one was received but is being held for opening.
14. LC/Kay - Mailed
15. NewChickenFam/Jennifer - mailed??
16. Elcunni/Erin - Mailed

Please report (don't need to give away your recipient if you don't want to) to confirm and announce SS project status! And *please* let us know if you got your gifts. I lost track of some of the reports unfortunately, so please confirm. Thanks!
21.gif

Last edited:
droolin.gif

Quote:
Those sound wonderful!! What unique gifts. Have you ever made beet wine? I made some a couple years ago and of course after it was done I was preggo so it set for a year or so and it was very good. Reminded me of black cherry. I got the recipe of the internet. Very strong though. More like taking a shot of something, but of course mine sat longer than most would.
droolin.gif

More birthdays, beautiful babies and wonderful grandkids!! Congrats to everyone.
I would post my 11 but it would take up to much space
wink.png
But they are all beautiful. Ranging in age from 6 to 24!! (Now that makes you feel old when you are looking at having great grandkids.
roll.png

Would someone please direct me to the post about the next swap. I need some details before I commit. If it's anything fancy then I have to think about it. I don't do much "fancy" right now after finishing those extra large afghans for my boys.

Thanks in advance.

Jacie

Hubby is feeling about as good as can be expected.....changed his dressings on his sores today....they do look a bit better.....his meds were quite $$$$$$ thou8gh....buts hes worth every dime!! just alot of adjusting here on this end that needs to be done!
you are very welcome jennifer...i LOVED making it!
butterfly4ge.gif
chicken01.gif
dog06.gif
duck.gif
gathering.gif

i really should be
e015.gif

e010.gif

Quote:
Hi, Jacie! I think if you mean the Spring Swap, all info is on the first page first post again. SE is in charge of that one.

Then there are the babyghan squares for Okie, which might not be til February when she knows more how many buns are in the oven. Ummm...LC is in charge of that one.

Then there's the potential Critter swap by Maw which will probably be postponed til after the babyghan unless we do baby critters too.
wink.png

I think that covers the ones up for grabs so far.
smile.png
Hope that helps.

Your Majesty thanks for your Holiday Cheer Bling. Glad to see you back in good form!

Eeee, Lovemychix, that is still a cute funky chick even if it is passed out looking a bit like a zombie for the photo op.
wink.png

Your's Truly
Professor Risurocket
wink.png

Last edited:
springcrochetswap.jpg

Sign-Ups are now Open!
thYarnAddicts.jpg

th38163b14.jpg

Theme: "Anything Goes" Feel free to experiment and challenge your skills for this swap! Hexagons, Circles, Squares, Triangles, or "Other" crocheted shapes are all welcomed!! (No amigurumi in this swap.)

Color: Any! Mix it up or stay the same, up to you!

Size: 6" minimum - 12" maximum. Try to be consistent though, for example, all of your squares should be pretty near the same size, all of your circles should be pretty near the same size....

Pattern: Any! Feel free to mix up your patterns and make every square different or every hexagon different, or all the same, up to you!

Number: As many as there are participants in the swap.
thcrazyboutcrochetblinkie.jpg

Dates: Chat and gab and get to know one another in this thread. Post as often as you like! Official sign-up opens on February 1, 2009 and Closes on March 1, 2009. All items are due to me no later than May 1, 2009.

New folks are encouraged to visit with us here in this thread and post and get to know us! Chickens are not required, in fact several members of this group are not chicken owners! We are always happy to have new friends here in the crochet club! We'd love to have you join the fun, join the swap or any other projects that we have going on!!!!

When you have finished your Shapes, send me a pm and I'll send you my address so that you can mail in your work.

You will be required to send your crocheted shapes in individual ziplock bags with your username and real name on each bag. In addition, you will need to send $10.00 for Flat Rate return postage. Thanks so much!!!!!! Have fun!!!

thGraphILoveCrochetVirtual.jpg

Spring Swap Sign Up List:

1. Scrambled Egg - (Darlene) -Organizer
2. Mawchikkide - (Jessica)
3. RisuRocket - (Shanah)
4. CoffeeLady3 - (Dena)
5. NoChicksHere - (Susan)
6. KaranLeaf - (Karan)
7. Skand - (Stephanie)
8. Lutheran Chick - (Kay)
9. Head4dmtns - (Trish)
10. Queen Scoot - (Rosey)