BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to catch up, too,SE!!! I think it's impossible!! I had a bigol' post typed out one day, and EBAY popped up, and it was GONE!!! Anyway, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!! I am going to plant some stuff today, to see if I can get out of my funk.....

The scarves and Amiguri animals are CUTE!!!

SE, glad the rat stuff is working!! I used to be the rat queen...they ate up after the horses, with all the vitamins, and I called them my "SHOW RATS"!!

You are overdosing the rats with Lasix.....they bleed to death internally....it's kind of disturbing to think that we take rat poison to keep from having a heart problem! The miracles of modern science!!!

DH got a Wii for us for Christmas, and it is pretty fun!! I hope I can figure it out when DS and DH go back to work! I am extremely challenged with electronics......

Have a great day, all!!!

Nancy

our version of rat population control...we use glue traps.... first we make sure there arent any where the chickens will go...then we set em out lol
So far we've been pretty lucky. Which is pretty hard since we are surrounded by wide open oil fields. Our biggest in house problem would be the crickets that get loose from feeding the inside pets. At least we are consistent with our animals. They all eat crickets, and the one that doesnt eat mice, is a mouse...lol

Quote:
The bunny is adorable! Good job!
thumbsup.gif

Coffeelady those Amigurumi critters are adorable,
love.gif

eTNchick your scarves are great
clap.gif

Yes I will be happy to see when Maw posts the Amigurumi swap too.
woot.gif
And i love your Magic Yarn Ball swap idea Amy.

SE sure wish I felt safe putting out Rat bait this year But a Momma cat showed up at our place this summer and then decided to have a couple of kittens they are living under the house there is a small hole by the furnace duct they come in and out of. I would hate for them to get a hold of a poisoned mouse. We have seen Momma kitty with a few mice showing her youngins. I have a couple of those sticky traps out in the kitchen but haven't seen any mice stuck to them yet. But I sure am getting tired of cleaning up after the nasty
sickbyc.gif
little vermin,
somad.gif
rant.gif

SK
hide.gif
those chicks are good looking young birds. What all breeds do you guys have?

Well DH has his chain saw going so
roll.png
I guess I will have to go to the store and get me some oreos and make some truffles
big_smile.png
hehehe

See ya after I come out of my Chocolate coma
gig.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Last edited:
Karen, its best to sit down in a nice comfy chair with your feet up before you eat your second Oreo Truffle. That way you'll be comfortable when you wake up from that coma.

Quote:
LOL, no need to organize the fridge, just balance the cookie tray on top of everything else..... it isnt gonna be there that long.
tongue.png

SE..... Thanks for the rat poison info. I think that Im going to move the birds out of the coop that has mice underneath and then put out poison and glue traps.
somad.gif

Chel

Just to prove that I can crochet (kidding!
lol.png
lol.png
) here is a pic of some stuff I did a couple of years ago. I've done a few other things since then, but these are the only things I have pictures of. The top one is a dishcloth, and the bottom left is a hot mat that I made up, and the bottom right is a pot holder like the ones that my grandma taught me to make.

10987_208.jpg

OH!! and a Quick question: What all can you use the peaches and cream 100% cotton yarn to make? More than just dishcloths I suppose? It looks like the amigurami is made with that also? Can you use that yarn for afghans?....or anything else besides dishcloths?

Ok that question wasn't so quick
lol.png

1 finished apple place mat....i dont know about it... though
11044_dscf0290.jpg

got hammered this am with nasty storms stikll comming down and we have a severe t-storm warning gonna go y'all
11044_dscf0291.jpg
yes, you can make afghans/baby blankets and what not with cotton!

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL I used that kind to make the girls' scarves with. It doesnt fuzzy up like the acrylic yarn, so the girls aren't griping about the itch factor! I used it just to see what it would d.

In fact, I think that is how crocheting came about, someone lost one knitting needle, and said,.. hmm wonder what I can do if I fold this edge down, grabbed some stuff and tada! a hot pad! lol

Quote:
Okie,

That would be some SERIOUS balls of yarn for an afghan! I use it to make towel toppers, dishcloths, small hand towels and bitty granny squares w/ the leftovers! I suppose you could use it to make an afghan or anything else for that matter! I thought I had a book 'round here that you could make some kiddie clothes with... somewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom