BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen be safe, & I like the apple...think if you add a couple of rows, in the middle of each of the bottom parts, to make it look like the round "nobbie" parts of the apple.....maybe it would help
idunno.gif

Sure hope I didn't just confuse you ???

Update on hubby...still in hospital. They are now talking of maye amputating that toe
ep.gif
. Brought the crochet bag & computer with me, sounds like a good thing I did because when he is in the hospital...so am I.

No Chicks, I hope hubby improves and come home soon. Preferably with his toe intact.

Quote:
Oh yeah, we've got some of those. We bought them when my dd's mini hampster disappeared into my sewing room/junk room.
barnie.gif
Caught the little guy the next day.
I always figured that folks used those so that they could take the wee mousies outside and let them go. I have more dastardly plans for them.

chel

I actually knitted a sweater with the cotton yarn years ago when it first came out. I used a strand of knitting elastic for the hem and sleeve hems so it would have some stretch. I have to buy some more of that stuff, I'm all out.

Okiemommy, Some folks use the cotton yarn for crocheting bibs and diaper coverups for babies since the cotton is absorbent. You could use small amounts to make coasters.

Okie, did you get your ultra sound yet? twins?

chel

Thanks for the replies everyone
hugs.gif
I just love that stuff and how soft it is. I had always been told that pretty much all you can make out of it are dishcloths! (knitted and crocheted)

Nochickshere, I hope your husband recovers quickly and I hope that they don't have to amputate his toe!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Okie,

That would be some SERIOUS balls of yarn for an afghan! I use it to make towel toppers, dishcloths, small hand towels and bitty granny squares w/ the leftovers! I suppose you could use it to make an afghan or anything else for that matter! I thought I had a book 'round here that you could make some kiddie clothes with... somewhere!

ha ha ha yeah I guess it would!
gig.gif
gig.gif
Okay maybe baby afghan?
lol.png

There's so much I still don't know about crocheting, and what yarn to use for what is one of them. I know about sticking to the kind that the pattern says to use, but as far as customizing and using a different kind/color, that part is confusing to me.

Okiemommy, Some folks use the cotton yarn for crocheting bibs and diaper coverups for babies since the cotton is absorbent. You could use small amounts to make coasters.

Okie, did you get your ultra sound yet? twins?

nope not yet, we had to reschedule it for Jan 5th
sad.png
So now we have to wait a little bit longer to find out. It's driving me bonkers!
he.gif
lol.png
I felt movement at what would have been 6 weeks (at least) if the due date is correct. And that happened when I was pregnant with the twins too
th.gif
th.gif

I got a baby or babies jumpin all over the place in there as we speak.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

9 more days till we see what we have in there!!!
ya.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh yeah, we've got some of those. We bought them when my dd's mini hampster disappeared into my sewing room/junk room.
barnie.gif
I always figured that folks used those so that they could take the wee mousies outside and let them go. I have more dastardly plans for them. [URL]http://planetsmilies.net/ill-violated-dead-smiley-4663.gif[/URL]

chel

hide.gif
thats me.... letting the little boogers go outside. Well we only have them in the garage but still.
hide.gif

Quote:
barnie.gif
I always figured that folks used those so that they could take the wee mousies outside and let them go. I have more dastardly plans for them. [URL]http://planetsmilies.net/ill-violated-dead-smiley-4663.gif[/URL]

chel

Thank you Chel & Okie! We are still waiting to hear from the ortho docs.

Wildsky you made me laugh out loud
lau.gif
lau.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

ETA: yes one can only hope that it's not one of those things that jump out of the dudes chest in alien..or whatever movie that was. I know it's from another movie, but I only remember the scene from Spaceballs. :lol :lol

Last edited:
Spaceballs!!! hehehe It was on a few weeks ago, simply HAD to stop everything and watch a good 30 minutes of it before I could change channels again!

lol we had a couple of those mouse cubes, we caught one single teeny tiny baby mouse in it. Figured as small as it was, that if it survived the night in the box, that we'd let it go. stuck a few pieces of dog food in there, poor lil dude dinna make it. Had the HUGEST ears ya ever did see. well, now there's that movie despereaux. lol yeah, that big!

Our lil gerbil thing got out one night, took Jim a few swipes with the broom before he realized what kinda rodent it was! Chased her back into the pet room, where she played peek a boo with us before we could catch her and put her back. Still cant find the lid thing that goes over her escape hatch. So we stuck a piece of granite over it. lol sneak past that rodent! hehehe

I used to be afraid of seeing rodents run by, after raising them for a few months in the kitchen for the lizard and snake to eat, they dun bother me so much anymore.. see rat, use glue trap... feed to cat! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom