BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I have some, sorta. It's Caron brand, ECO yarn. lol
Really soft believe it or not.
Really shiny too, doesnt get all snaggy.

Oh no no no i'm talking bout home made bag yarn. I have some of the Eco Caron yarn and you can't tell it from other yarn. Caron makes their Eco yarn from plastic bottles instead of bags or so I have read. Very soft.

Now your making me want to go find that link again. Be right back.

Last edited:
Remember the blue bags Wally World used to have, then they switched to those ugly greenish-yellow ones for a bit then they switched to the white ones. They are made out of recycled plastic now, and fall apart after a bit. Sunlight starts the decomposing of them so they don't clog the landfills now.

But it looks like a neat project, but I can just see it now, you make one, load it up with all the stuff a lady carries in it, go out and wham it falls apart!
lau.gif
Maybe will get lucky and finally get to see what you all carry in those bags!
gig.gif

hide.gif

Well algo I use a N or J hook for my Plarn (PLastic Bag Yarn) and it works up really easy, alot easier than yoou would think. I have made 3 shopping totes and was currently working on a forth that would hold alot of can goods, I figured that way I could do my part in saving the earth, and reduce the amount of trash I have to haul down the the transfer station as I hate to burn those type of bags as the smoke and smell they put off plus all the liquid type chems it leaves in the soil and my chickens and rabbit for some reason like to play in the warm ashes so I would hate for them to get some kinda posion or something. so I just crocheted me and my family some reuseable shopping and beach totes out of them instead, but you can also make yarn furniture covers, outside placemates for pinics, chair covers, dog mats, door mats, shower mats. hats purses, etc. I could come up with tons of stuff. LOL!!

em sorry to hear bout you coller bone. just roll right up here next to me and purr and we can be the wheelchair gang. LOL!!!!

pw_quiltworks welcome to the group come on in and sit down and enjoy the fun. and no worrys if you want to crochet we will teach you how and how to do it the fun way!.

SE. updated the front list and mangled I will cover you for the spring swap as I already have mine done. so no worries and i stil lhave tons of time and my hookin is starting to get a litte bit faster the pains easin up a bit and I am working my wrist and forearm as much as pain allows so I am not back up to normal wosh hookin speed but I think will be by april.

well until I get the modem and net problems worked out I guess no critter swap. Maybe in may or june. soon if I can get the net crud fixed and dh outta my hair.

I am laying on think with the I ain't no happy hen fit right now, so I think he may be starting to get the point. well there my 2 silly goose cents for the evening, would have posted this morning but puter said "I don't think so, I am off for the weekend!" but I gave it a good you'll work or go in the trash talk and it decided it would let me on the net for a while although I am moving at a 24.0 kbps so I think a snail could puke faster!! oh well at least i get to see ya'll tonight. well I am off everyone please take care and rest, stay outta town and in doors as much as possible so no one gets the ickes or cruds and get plenty of rest. and hooker talk and we should all be doin good in a month.
smile.png
well love ya guys and gals. take care and my god bless each and everyone of us. Maw.

well chuck the first one I made I use for a diaper bag, I have used it for carring pies for thanksgiving, and over night bag that had clothes for me and the two kids, carryed a 20lb bag of dog food, blaylee has but all her books she could fit in it once about 60. and I carried my RIR rooster in it. so the hold up suprisingly well for wal-mart bags. trick is not to cut the strips to thin they need to be at least 2 inchs in width. no less or they break when joining them togather.

Maw putting the critter swap off for a lil while works out for me since I still haven't gotten around to teaching myself how to do it. Got some good links to ppl showing how to do, just not much time lately. After I get all my other projects out of the way I should know how by this summer.
Anyway, just wanted to say that and now I am going to get to bed. Had a long day today at work and am beat!

Night everyone!
frow.gif

Hi everyone!
frow.gif
I've been doing lots of lurking and not much posting.... I made a very nice crochet sample that I am very proud of! I should post a pic at some point...I'm not sure what to try now. Should I make a scarf or ??? I really feel like I have the single crochet down pat. I need to practice the dc now.

AND, I have my first batch of eggs ready to hatch in a few days!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Em, I'm so sorry you are busted up!!! DH broke his collar bone a long time ago and I know it was miserable for him too. Better living through chemistry though....hang in there!
hugs.gif

FrChuck: I only say this:
gig.gif
lau.gif

Algo, that crochet out of plastic bags is so cool!! They come in so many colors that you could really make some neat totes!! Woo hoo!

Evening, everyone.

My husband's car pool buddy was nice enough to lend me his laptop for a few days so I can get online a bit when I feel like it.

Got to be immobilized in a splint for at least three weeks, I broke it in 2 places. Then more x-rays. Fun stuff. This nurse is NOT a good patient.
sad.png

I've been in bed all day. The most interesting point was when my boy decided I looked like I needed jumped on.
hmm.png
hit.gif

I'll be lurking about for a few days. Hope all the other invalids and sick ones are doing well.

frow.gif

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom