BYC Crochet Club **ARCHIVE THREAD** NEW THREAD OPENED

Status
Not open for further replies.
well ladies all sounds great and yoiu can now see that your not the only ones to have had wonky squares, I did do a few flowers and fancy squares for this swap but alot of them are just plain ole basic granny squares just in all different color combos, so don't feel bad. If I had did a bunch of fancy ones I would problely be working on them until november. but maybe for the spring swap I will try and do a bunch of fancy ones, since I have all winter to work on them. we'll just have to see. well ladies off to groom a dog and get some things done round here so take care and I will check in on everyone later Maw.

Maw, if I get the squares labled they should go in the mail TODAY!!! At least, by tomorrow! I have been working on a rainbow afghan since I did the last square out of scraps, and thought it was SOO pretty, so I bought more yarn.....you know the "rest of the story"!!!!

My town is soo CRAZY right now. We are on the one of the freeways going into Houston,about 60 miles out, so everyone STOPS here in an evacuation...I met a lady in the grocery store yesterday who came up from Houston to get food!! I am VERY shy....

I could make a killing selling fried chicken right now, apparently there is no chicken, KFC, and all of them are closed.....

Have a great day , everyone!!

Nancy

Greenapple
smile.png
Good to hear you weren't in the damage that hit down there. I was watching a bit of it on the news , wow almost as bad as Katrina was as far as flooding and folks stranded.
sad.png

I hope the rest of our group are safe and well.
fl.gif

frow.gif
Please check in with us gals let us know you are OK

Karan

Oh by the way Maw that flowered square is very pretty, thanks for sharing

Last edited:
I have an awesome book on granny squares, triangles and hexagons coming from amazon, can't wait to get it!! It's this one... "Beyond-the-Square Crochet Motifs: 144 circles, hexagons, triangles, squares, and other unexpected shapes"
Edie Eckman; Hardcover; $11.40 ...gorgeous hexagons and triangles in it!! I'm excited about branching out a bit from the squares, although I love them too and after looking through those Flickr pages there are millions of new squares I want to make....need to use up all my cotton though and started on new squares last night...will make enough to make an afghan and the rest I'll save for the spring swap to go with the hexagons

I have finally had time to sit and go through this book...I recommend it soooooooo mcuh...there are soooo many squares, triangles, hexagons and other designs..amazing..there is a clear explanation of symbols used in patterns..in fact for visual learners, the symbol explanation with each pattern is easier than some of the directions, although those are clear and easy to understand...over 140 patterns are easy..everything is expalined, the book is nice sized and loaded with color pictures..it would really really help you newbies, I love it ...an awesome buy for crocheting...if you can spring for the bucks...well worth it!!! I got mine from amazon although I thinkScoot got hers somewhere else and there is always half.com....really a good investment or a good addition to your christmas list hookers!! now if I only had more time to just make everything in it!!! I know I am whining alot about my time but dang it's true..somehow I seem to have none anymore, lol!!!
wink.png

..Hi guys!...heres a picture of a pattern i found in a book at Walmart...i was going to make them for the swap..but my crocheting isnt quite up there yet(even though its mostly only sc and dc's)...
he.gif
..but hopefully for the spring swap i'll be able to make some to send along....
fl.gif
...(.i'm havng my mother make me it in the dark colors that match my house)...but the original pattern is a white back ground and center..with pastel colors in the pin wheel..it really is pretty when all put together..and i bet it would even be pretty if you used scrap yarn for the pinwheels...just wanted to let you know that i'm still working on my squares!...they'll be ready for the dead line...
barnie.gif
...take care, Wendy
10638_2008_09140035.jpg
10638_2008_09140034.jpg

well ladies agian I have heard from another MIA jc12551 and she is doing fine and is hooking right along on her squares, and busy busy busy with chickens and life. Arn't we all though.
smile.png
well I promised ya'll pics of the 6-point afghan and here they are. drum roll please.........
6-ptstarafghan.jpg

8b6e157fcf28.jpg

6-ptdstarafghan.jpg

enjoy ladies and have a good night. Maw.

Wendy that pattern is sooo Nice It would be great
smile.png
Did you do that square??? It looks really good
clap.gif
What ever you decide to do for the swap will be great.
yippiechickie.gif

Maw that Afghan is Wonderful
love.gif
You do such Good Work:clap Photos are good, Thanks for sharing

Well things are going to get a bit crazy for a while at work . Sheriff called me 3 hours ago and asked me to come in and dispatch for a bit. The Chief Deputy was being taken to the Hospital with a possable Heart Attack. The other Deputy drove him down there as he would not let anyone get the Ambulance. Stubborn Old
rant.gif
Man . An hour ago we got word they flew him on to Columbia to the hospital down there and taking him on to the Cathiter (sp?) Room so it doesn't sound good
hu.gif
sad.png
He is 65 and will be 66 in November.
fl.gif
fl.gif

The Sheriff was getting ready to go to Hawiiai (sp?) on his first real vacation in years. I think Deputy Tallman and I did talk him out of canceling. At least I hope so.
We will find out tomarrow what is going on. 1st time this man has ever been in the hospital.
fl.gif
fl.gif

THanks As one of the locals said tonight when they came in and saw me there, "You just live here don't you?" Yes I'm just a fixture in the courthouse.
smile.png

But anyway I am sure that this will be better in the morning. Fritz is a tough old rooster.
So I am sure he will be giving them all at the hospital
rant.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
really soon . Thanks again girls

I think I'm going to head to bed and start my sweater over again, I have frogged it 3 times now
tongue.gif
. I may try a different pattern.
hu.gif

Good Night will check in with you all in the morning.
Karan

Maw--I love the colors in the afghan. Great job. And I am sorry I missed your flower square in the other swap. I really like that one.

Wendy--Do you have the pattern for that square? Or do you know what it is called? I would love to have it. I promise I won't use it in anything here.

Karan-Don't work too hard. It is getting closer to the "seasons" that are very busy and draining and fun, all at the same time.

Well, it is off to bed. Have to get up early, go to breakfast with dh, get chicken feed, buy some SureJell and lids, 'cause I'm making grape jelly tomorrow. We found some wild grapes on our property we didn't know we had and there was enough so I could try my hand at jelly.

Nite all,
Beverly

Karan, I hope that ole Sheriff is back bossing around the chickens soon, sounds like he might pull through pretty well, hope so anyway.

Red....PLEASE post that pattern for that square!!!! I would do a row of something like sc around the circle part, leave it round and do a bunch of them and join them as rounds...really pretty!!!!! See you could do circles for the spring swap.."Anything Goes"!! I really like the looks of that center part!!! Awesome job on it too!!

Maw, that star afghan is really nice..waaaaaaayyyyyyyy tooooooo mych counting for me to enjoy but turned out nice..is that the one you are giving away? How is that cathedral one coming along? Scoot, how is yours?

What's the deadline on the Fall swap for everyone to have their squares in? Just curious....Maw, I'll have some Spring Swap info/promo ready for the first page of this thread shortly after this swap closes out in November I think? That way I can get folks motivated to get busy with the spring squares/circles/triangles/hexagons...branching out a bit with the talent I hope. So, like Red's square above, when ya'll are finished with your Fall squares...be lookin around for something different for spring!!

Outta here...have a great day ya'll...happy hookin
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom