BYC Forum Cleanup - Preparation for Spring 2009! Post Counts May Drop

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hey everyone!

Based on what we're seeing right now with the growth of the forum (during the usually slowest pare of the year) and all the news stories that have, and will be coming out about "the backyard chicken movement" and about BYC, we're expecting Spring 2009 to be a super huge record breaker.

For this reason we're doing a bit of Spring.... er... Winter cleaning and organization. Part of this organization will be removing some of the HUGE game threads and off topic, chat-like threads.

When this happens you'll probably see your post counts drop, especially if you participated in those thread a lot.

So, for any of you guys using those threads to boost up your post counts... well, you sure will be able to use those chatty fingers by helping out all the newbies that will be flooding BYC in a few months!

We'll probably be doing this from time to time to keep the forum super fast and streamlined.

Thanks everyone for making BYC the best forum in the world (probably why we are busting at the seams). [​IMG]

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    darn it...I was already helpful....

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Oh man, now I'll have to post MORE just to get my count up where it was. My wife will be thrilled. [​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Do we get to keep the titles we've earned with our chatty fingers or will the title match the new post count?

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:Last time Nifty cleaned things up, titles changed accordingly if enough were removed to make a difference.

9. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    How do you know that this will be the biggest spring? I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but it seems like that would be really bad if you deleted all those threads and it is only a normal amount of newbies.

10. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    nooo! not my post count! JK, but i wish i still had 2k+ posts. ):

glad to see we're tidying up a bit here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by